13 Weeks Til Christmas!! Weight Loss

Options
Remaking_Me
Remaking_Me Posts: 62 Member
Welcome to the 13 Week Challenge: weight loss BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS!!

Open to males and females, you must desire to lose anywhere between 15-35 lbs in the next 13 weeks, to participate.

We will weigh in every Monday starting next Monday (today is sept 19th), and every Monday thereafter til the week before Christmas.

**This is not a good challenge for people who are conditioning/gaining lots of muscle; this is for people who are trying to lose weight through Healthy nutrition and dietary choices).

Every time I run a group challenge I have tons more success!
Participants: add me as a friend and send me a message saying youd like to do the challenge. I will create a spreadsheet with everyone's names and update with your weekly stats. If we have males and females there will be a winner in each category. If we end up ladies only, we will have a first and a second prize winner for most pounds lost.... And an Actual prize will be mailed to you. :)

For this particular challenge we will not be tracking inches lost, as I said, this is probably not the best challenge for someone doing a lot of strength training. We will NOT track inches for this challenge (though you should at home! Its motivating!)

This challenge is a good fit for you if you are simply trying to achieve weight loss through Healthy nutrition and dietary changes including calorie restriction, watching your macros to make sure your carbs are not crazy, and cardio exercise for additional fat loss and metabolism improvement.

I have some nutritional training and I'm happy to provide a baseline guide for but participants are responsible for the health and safety of their own decisions. It is encouraged that you drink 64 ounces of water a day which will help you excrete fat during ketosis (fat loss), help prevent hunger and dehydration.

Contact me: lets lose 1-2lbs a week before the holidays!!!

Rules: You may only miss one weigh in during the challenge.... and I chose Mondays for a reason:
---->>>> So we stop misbehaving on the weekends!!!! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!

hugs
Emily

Replies

• cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi count me in is it gonna be private
  • kimmykaynatural
    Options
    Hi Emily i would love to join the challenge. My name is( KimmyKayNatural) Kim and my first day back on MFP in a very long time. My start weight is 286.5lbs
  • Sdotthickums
    Sdotthickums Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • jayz2007
    jayz2007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! please count me in. Sending you a FR now. :)
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Count me in I am sending you a friend request now
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in

I fit exactly in the parameters.
  • skinnydeb305
    skinnydeb305 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the dhallenge!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Got 18 pounds to lose to my goal weight. Want to do this by Xmas!!! Let's do this
  • janejane130
    janejane130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let do this!!
  • jocoeleven
    jocoeleven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm down
  • Remaking_Me
    Options
    All spreads sheets for tracking will be private. I am adding everyone from this thread I didnt already see, and due to an AWESOME response, THIS GROUP CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED! If you posted before this, youre IN!

Congrats, lets COMMIT to 13 weeks together ladies!
    Emily
  • Remaking_Me
    Options
    cynbet69 wrote: »
    Hi count me in is it gonna be private

Yes, only your 'losses' each week may be posted. Like, if Beeman200P loses 4lbs and is in 1st place for her week, I may give a public post shoutout. Personal stats like ACTUAL weight are not posted by me. :)
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just saw that its closed after already sending you a friend request. If there are any dropouts, I am still interested ;)
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love this - thanks @Remaking_Me for doing this!! All the other weight loss challenges are fine - but all that gets posted in the thread is the weight posting - no chat, anything - there is no real motivation to keep in the challenge. Love the fact that in this one the weight posting is all private so that we can use the thread to help and motivate each other.

So HI to everyone!! Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming weeks!!!

As a slight aside - got on the scales this morning - lost another pound!!! so only 17 to go to goal he he :)
  • Remaking_Me
    Options
    I love this - thanks @Remaking_Me for doing this!! All the other weight loss challenges are fine - but all that gets posted in the thread is the weight posting - no chat, anything - there is no real motivation to keep in the challenge. Love the fact that in this one the weight posting is all private so that we can use the thread to help and motivate each other.

So HI to everyone!! Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming weeks!!!

As a slight aside - got on the scales this morning - lost another pound!!! so only 17 to go to goal he he :)

Congratulations on another pound lost!

Just so all are aware, I will not continue posting on this thread.
    Everything will come through my feed on my own personal MFP page. So make sure to track with us there and not on this group.
    For all of those looking at this, the 13 week challenge is now closed as I exceeded 20 members in 24 hours. Best of luck to each of you on your weight loss Journey!
  • Donovinsmommy
    Donovinsmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know today is Tuesday, can I still get in on this? I weighed in yesterday at 147.