TDEE - 20%...3 weeks later and 3 lbs heavier...

Options
Hello everyone,

I really need assistance and have really started to struggle with my motivation while I'm on my journey of lifestyle change.

I rejoined MFP in May after gaining weight over the past year. I got engaged and decided to get healthy/shed some pounds in preparation for my wedding. After inputting all of my information into MFP, I was provided with the suggested calorie intake of 1,200 calories a day and religiously adhered to that limit. Additionally, I was exercising regularly (3 x week). The first two weeks were GREAT and I lost 3 pounds following this method. However, by the end of May, I had completely stopped losing weight.

I tried to hang in using this method for another four weeks but after seeing absolutely no changes in following this method (and being hungry at the end of each day), I started to look at other approaches MFP users were trying and stumbled across TDEE. After reading "In place of a road map" I decided to try out this method. I calculated my TDEE and BMR using two different calculators and set my new daily caloric intake to 1528 (my TDEE - 20%). I basically just went with the Scooby Calculator calculations. I am now starting my third week and getting on the scale for my weekly check-in, another pound have been added to my total weight. I've read from other posts that initial weight gain may occur in the beginning but with my wedding approaching in just a little over two months, I'm starting to become very discouraged.

I make a conscious effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle -- in addition to adhering to calorie guidelines I also try to stay within my macro-limits (the sugar is always my most challenging category!), try to always get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, drink enough water each day, and take vitamins every day. I'm now really at a loss as to what else I can do, I just feel like giving up at this point. Any words of advice or inspiration would be so appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This post scares the crap out of me because I'm just starting my TDEE but I'm doing pretty aggressive at first at 30% and then gradually going to 20%. Hopefully that will prevent me from gaining too much. I hope someone has answers for you..I'm pretty new to all this. Good luck.