NYC vegetarian w a lot to lose looking for friends of all diets

Options
GothamVeggie
GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Surgery on my spine & a few other problems caused me to gain a large amount of weight. I'm on the mend, but now need to really focus on losing weight & getting back my cardiovascular fitness making me happier, healthier & able to scuba dive again which is the thing I love to do most in this world.

I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian (which means I eat eggs & dairy) & an avid foodie. I'd love the motivation from having more MFP friends. As long as you're not a fruitarian (who will only eat what falls naturally from a plant) or a breatharian (who eats no food in the belief that it's possible to reach a level of consciousness through meditation that you can obtain all sustenance from just the air & sunlight), I won't judge your meal plan as I hope you won't judge mine. Healthy diets come in all forms.

Add me & let's motivate each other.

Replies

• aduhmads
    aduhmads Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Me too. I mean the ova - lacta whatever.. I mean I eat eggs and dairy and vegetarian otherwise.. I m trying to find a few people to form a group and see if we can motivate / encourage each other. I'm 90kg, looking to get to 75kg.. how much are you looking to lose.. if you don't mind sharing.. that is.. add me if you'd like..
    Cheers
    Mads
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    aduhmads wrote: »
    Hi there. Me too. I mean the ova - lacta whatever.. I mean I eat eggs and dairy and vegetarian otherwise.. I m trying to find a few people to form a group and see if we can motivate / encourage each other. I'm 90kg, looking to get to 75kg.. how much are you looking to lose.. if you don't mind sharing.. that is.. add me if you'd like..
    Cheers
    Mads

Just saw your post. Not sure why it didn't pop up before, but it looks like you already found me & know what I'm trying to lose by my profile. :)