I'm not diabetic because I'm fat, I'm fat because I'm diabetic!

Options
daloverlyme
daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I have been here a few years, but life got chaotic and I left for awhile. In 2012 I finally got to an amazing 199 pounds, from 260. I ended up getting pregnant after 7 years of infertility treatments and being told to give up. My son was supposed to be my 4th of July baby. He ended up being super premature and was my Easter/Birthday baby. He fought hard to survive, and i promised him I would also fight. So far... 50 pounds, gone! 10 pounds away from my lowest weight before getting pregnant. I still have about 100 pounds to get to my ultimate goal! I would love to feel sexy, and take pictures to match. I'm jealous of how amazing you all look!!!! I'm too insecure to take many pictures. I've been a brittle diabetic pretty much my whole life. Something I usually don't share with people. My insulin causes weight gain, so every pound I lose, takes a lot of work. People also make comments about my eyebrows. I can't risk getting them done, and getting an ingrown hair, or infection. My diabetes doesn't allow me to fight off any infections well. This is a battle I will win. I'm not diabetic because I'm fat, I'm fat because I'm diabetic! Ok...maybe part of it is because I like food ;(. I would love to meet new people on this journey. First pics 50 pounds ago, second is current. ru0ds0jo9erq.jpg
rmzgatwzuykf.jpg