• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Well? What's the verdict?
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You're too quick! I had to get the pics on from my phone and get to my computer to type it all out! ETA: since I'm too lazy to text that all out on my smartphone.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    You're too quick! I had to get the pics on from my phone and get to my computer to type it all out!

:D Ha! It's in the name.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    They are ok. Despite having no coffee in the ingredients it does smell like coffee when you open the bar. It's much dryer than I thought it would be, which I actually like over the gooey bars. There is very little coffee flavor in the actually bar while you eat it. The chocolate chunks are nice and overall satisfying to eat. But, I won't be buying them again.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Just looking at the texture makes me feel thirsty.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    They are ok. Despite having no coffee in the ingredients it does smell like coffee when you open the bar. It's much dryer than I thought it would be, which I actually like over the gooey bars. There is very little coffee flavor in the actually bar while you eat it. The chocolate chunks are nice and overall satisfying to eat. But, I won't be buying them again.

Bummer. It sounds like there was potential there, and they missed it. Have you tried the oatmeal chocolate chip? I've seen that one and want to try it.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Bummer. It sounds like there was potential there, and they missed it. Have you tried the oatmeal chocolate chip? I've seen that one and want to try it.

I have a box of them. They're OK, but the oatmeal takes away from the chocolateyness of the bar without really adding anything to (unlike, say, cookie dough or chocolate peanut butter).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I ordered two but received an email the next day saying they were on backorder and now I have no clue when they'll get here! Dx Coffee isn't an ingredient? Does it at least use decaf? I know PowerCrunch has a mocha creme bar that uses decaffeinated coffee powder, but Halo Top's mocha flavor has no coffee anywhere in the ingredients and just tastes like chocolate. I'm going to be disappointed if this is a repeat :/
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I ordered two but received an email the next day saying they were on backorder and now I have no clue when they'll get here! Dx Coffee isn't an ingredient? Does it at least use decaf? I know PowerCrunch has a mocha creme bar that uses decaffeinated coffee powder, but Halo Top's mocha flavor has no coffee anywhere in the ingredients and just tastes like chocolate. I'm going to be disappointed if this is a repeat :/

Nope, no coffee, unless they named it something weird. My top photo has the ingredient list of you want to look.
  • shinycrazy
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I am going to give the bar this. I had one at 3:50pm as my afternoon snack and it's 8pm now. I just finished a 40 minute walk and am only now starting to being kinda hungry for a dinnerish meal.