How do I turn leafy greens from "ugh" to "meh"?

Options
13»

Replies

• missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just had to laugh at the title of this post! :laugh: At least you're being realistic in your expectations.

I added blueberries and Gorgonzola to my salad today, which typically includes spring mix, almond slivers, and turkey/chicken breast.
  • dctexas65
    dctexas65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not a leafy green fan but here are some of the tips I use to help me:
    1. Just use a handful of greens
    2. Cut greens up in really small pieces
    3. Load with stuff you love: cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocados, seeds, cheese, sour cream, salsa, all veggies, some fruits
    whatever you like and cut it up in small pieces as well.
    you really wont notice the greens
  • sirius951
    sirius951 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heated pan, olive oil, minced garlic. Add greens, saute til wilted.
    Maybe add a scattering of crispy diced bacon/chopped walnuts and a bit of Philadelphia light on top of hot greens so it melts in a bit. Phwoarr! X:bigsmile:
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Pour hot sauce all over it. I like really spicy hot sauce, but Siracha tastes good on darn near everything, and it is delicious. I ahve yet to meet someone who doesn't like Siracha.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Wrap bacon around them.

OMGbacon_zps5443b848.png

A little bacon, or some nuts, or some cheese, or some fruit ....... not everything, or the calorie-count starts going WAY up !
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    maybe put some more stuff in the salad...yeah...lettuce or greens and tomatoes would get pretty flippin' boring. I'd personally suggest throwing some poultry, meat or fish in there and getting some protein first of all. Then some colorful veggies like sweet peppers...maybe some radish or something. Add some cucumber and a few kalamata olives...maybe a little goat cheese. I would just want to shoot myself in the head just eating lettuce and tomatoes...there's just not enough nutrition there.

^^This

There are so many things you can do with salad. What foods do you like? Add protein, fruits, more veggies, nuts or seeds, tortilla strips or some other crunchy topping. Bacon spinach salad. Eggs. Cheeses. Find a better dressing if that one bores you. Lots of ways to mix it up.