Gaining!!!

Options
Why??? Am I gaining weight? I have gained 3 pounds. I have looked back on my goals and everything is right.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    3 pounds over what time frame? What are your stats?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    3 pounds over what time frame? What are your stats?
    This.
    And, how are you measuring your food intake and exercise?
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Well not being able to see your food diary I would hazzard a guess that perhaps you are drinking more water than you ever have and/or sodium is close to limit. Trying reducing sodium first.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Without more information it's really impossible to say with certainty. If it's over a short time period, it's water retention. If it has been several weeks and you're gaining then you are not eating fewer calories than you're burning. If your diary shows otherwise then what you need to figure out is where the inaccuracies are coming from.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    We'd need a little more info - but don't worry, this can be fixed :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you due to get your period?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Can't really answer this question unless we know a bit more. I guess we can take stabs at guessing so here goes:

1) as mentioned, is your period due? Are you ovulating?
    2) Do you exercise? It is something you just started? Change volume or intensity?
    3) Changed your diet? Increase in carbs, sodium?
    4) Are you staying hydrated?
    5) Are you weighing and measuring your food intake with food scale and not measuring cups and spoons?
    6) How long and over what period of time?
    7) Have you had a cheat meal or day(s)?

These are few basic questions and there is a reason, and I am sure unless you are over eating, this is water retention in some form or another..