Looking for friends around my age

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Lori, I am 52 years old and I had gastric bypass back in 2/2012. I have been able to lose 80 pounds, but I have been sabotaging myself with the relationship that I chose to be in which turned out to be extremely stressful in many ways. He worked crazy hours, got very irritable, I quit cooking for him, we argued every day. It took me 3 months to get him out of my home. He is gone now for 2 months and I cannot believe the changes I have made in myself already. I can smile again, laugh, crack a joke now and then, I can actually eat, I want to succeed! Life is good and definitely worth living. Do I want to get into a relationship anytime soon? Oh heck no! I have to get myself together first and foremost and I have to learn to love myself before I can actually love anyone else.

I am currently one week into losing weight again and I also stopped smoking. Yes, I know, it's not good to try to do too many things at the same time, but I have always been like this. I like to have a difficult challenge and I definitely like to succeed. I need to lose at least 20 pounds in 9 weeks and that started last week. I know that I can do it. I know that when I started last week, I weighed 221 pounds. The last time I weighed myself (yesterday) I was down to 215.2 pounds! I am getting closer to the weight that I weighed back in 2007 when I married my second husband. Divorced 4 years later. Oh well.

So I am on here looking for friends to chat with. I am sorry that I was so long-winded.

Lori

Replies

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life. I divorced someone similar about 10 years ago and have been so much happier...I will send you a friends request
  • peggyyaeger9
    peggyyaeger9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been through a lot! Congratulations on making a fresh start! I wish you luck on your fitness journey. I am 55 and started my fitness program about 2 months ago. I will send you a friend request.
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm starting again after many other starts before. Would love some friends to do this with. I've never been very active on boards or anything so I'm thinking I should maybe switch that up a bit! :)
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    Congrats on your courage and changing your life I know how hard it is to pluck up the courage to end relationships (i divorced twice) .
    I am 54 and been trying to loose weight and get fit after a stroke ( it happened for no apparent reason).
    So hang on in there and keep up the good work and definately keep laughing and smiling it is the best medicine.
  • Tracey628
    Tracey628 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! Thanks for sharing this , you're not alone , if you want to chat or add me as a friend I'm here !
  • IndySue13
    IndySue13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new start, would add you but unsure how to.