I lost 60 pounds by incorporating MFP into my daily life!!!

Options
In 2013 I was 205 pounds! I started using Myfitnesspal shortly after that as I went on a journey to lose 50 pounds. Well, I didn't stop there and ended up with 60 pounds off my body! I thought I knew it all and I stopped using MFP... and gained 35 back. So here I am on a mission again... going to be successful! I only want to lose a total of 25 pounds and I'll be happy. Four pounds are already toast!

I'm looking for friends who are motivated and who like to interact with this website. I share my food diary and my exercise. If you want to interact, then send me a friend request!!!

Replies

• rmysoldr
    rmysoldr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm in the Greater Washington DC area. :)
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job! Feel free to friend me!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You recognized the problem and made a fix - GREAT JOB. Please friend me.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    You can add me I've lost 34 kilos since feb this year by using mfp CICO & exercise , i log everyday and am active on the site ... happy to have you, I'd like to have more vocal friends i have lots on my newsfeed who don't really get involved would love some chatters its great for motivation
    cheers sharon
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I have 60 to lose - lost 22 so far. I love the accountability and support of this site. Please add me.
  • Mamahick12
    Mamahick12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Feel free to add me
  • faithful0609
    faithful0609 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm "back again".... I always think I'm eating healthy but really do not seem to grasp the portion control thing. So the scale was out this morning to weigh my food and get me back on track!!! Looking forward to trying to stick with it this time. Funny you do this for so long ... there is no 'blame" .... you know exactly why you are gaining or losing. it's all a mind game -
  • MaureenD145
    MaureenD145 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join this list. I have already lost 4 in a very short time and have 35 to go. I'm using MFP to make healthier food choices and log my exercise as well. Today I entered my food in advance and it includes grilled salmon and curry lentil soup for lunch instead of just grabbing leftovers from the fridge. Am also starting to put "miles" on the elliptical trainer or walking outside. Feel great!
  • rmysoldr
    Options
    It's so awesome to see so many motivated people in a situation like mine! I can't wait to see how we all motivate each other to get healthier! Today I was "Naughty". I'm a sucker for some queso. I went to a California Tortilla and got lunch. Booo. Nearly my entire day's worth of calories in one sitting. But I'm still doing my best to keep the total for the day low.
  • Tonka775
    Tonka775 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you are recognizing when you eat at the wrong place or eat the wrong food how much it costs you in the day. We are all learning. I know that I have steered away from Starbucks and I used to go every day. My drink is 350 calories and I don't want to waste those calories on that. Little changes...
  • rmysoldr
    Options
    Tonka775 wrote: »
    I think it's great that you are recognizing when you eat at the wrong place or eat the wrong food how much it costs you in the day. We are all learning. I know that I have steered away from Starbucks and I used to go every day. My drink is 350 calories and I don't want to waste those calories on that. Little changes...

I had to give up Starbucks too. And it's been nice on my pocketbook! ;)
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me :) open diary

Congrats!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!