Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kmj102 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    drink water ?

*shrug

I do drink water, but addicted to caffeine.

What's wrong with caffeine?

I drink (unsweetened) iced tea all day long....all year long. The caffeine in that is on the same level as soda.

How about diet A&W or diet Sprite.....those are caffeine free.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight, I don't eat all that bad. My problem is, I am addicted to Diet soda and Energy drinks. Any advice how to stop or at least cut way down. Let me know.....

Monster Zero.

Or opt for a coffee-esque caffeine fix. Cold brew coffee is 15 cals + skim milk (35 cals). Regular brewed coffee is 5 cals and espresso is usually around 15-30 cals. The calorie to caffeine ratio is epic.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    How many milligrams of caffeine would you say you typically consume? Reducing intake to wean off is good if you take in a lot, go cold turkey if it's not much. I went cold turkey, only had two cans of Zero a day, but still had withdrawl symptoms. Withdrawing from caffeine is not fun, worst headache of my life, but there isn't really anything you can do except get through it. If you don't want to go the water only route, check out caffeine free diet soda like ginger ale, root beer, Sprite/7Up. Barq's diet is tastay, I also found a store brand diet ginger ale that doesn't taste like diet (Canada Dry changed the formula, now it tastes like diet). When dining out, it's near impossible to find the diet caffeine free combo, so I go with water.
  • Kmj102
    Kmj102 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 large cans of Monster zero, (White cans) and usually 2 or 3 cans of Diet coke. If I go out to eat I may have more diet coke then i should. Long story short... I lost both parents last year and instead of alcohol i increased my caffeine intake. I dont drink anymore so that was my alternative but now I am trying to cut down etc. Thank you for the advice
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 large cans of Monster zero, (White cans) and usually 2 or 3 cans of Diet coke. If I go out to eat I may have more diet coke then i should. Long story short... I lost both parents last year and instead of alcohol i increased my caffeine intake. I dont drink anymore so that was my alternative but now I am trying to cut down etc. Thank you for the advice

hang in there, brutha

it takes some time to heal from that but it does get better; I know from experience.

imho, compared to other addictions, caffeine barely registers.
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    MIO with energy enhancers. It's just caffeine and vitamin B. I love it. Zero calories, zero carbs and lots of caffeine. I keep them in stock. Idk if it's as healthy as water but it's gotta be better than the massive amounts of Mt dew I would like to drink instead lol