3 day military diet

Options
Is this a safe diet to do for 3 days? It said I can loose up to 10 lbs. has this worked for anyone here?

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    No.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's just a fad diet and doesn't work. Just eat healthy and add a little walking each day and take the weight off slowly. Otherwise you'll gain it right back on the Military Diet. You are actually losing water weight, not fat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you lose 10 pounds on it, it'll be water weight and will come right back when you return to your normal eating patterns.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a very silly dad diet with no basis in fact. You will lose weight because you eat bugger all, then you'll gain it back when you eat normally again.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nothing much, especially weight loss can be achieved in 3 days. Did it take you 3 days to Gain the weight? If not, you can't expect to lose it in 3 days :wink:
    I think it would be biologically impossible to lose 10lbs of fat in 3 days. As the others mentioned, you will probably lose water weight which will be regained as soon as you start eating normally again, So all in all, a complete waste of time in my opinion.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I did it, starved during the three days, barely lost any pounds, and gained it all back on day 4. Totally not worth it. :tired_face:
  • mlkambalimath
    mlkambalimath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it and lost 8lbs. I did not gain anything back after, but I think it was just because it was super low calories. It was very hard to do because of the weird food combinations. I wouldn't do it again, I know in my head I just need to make better decisions
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just no. I live with an ex special forces officer and he laughed at that. Do something sustainable, and be patient.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't work. You can't lose 10lbs of bodyfat in 3 days. Why?

To lose 1lbs of bodyfat you'd need to eat 3500 calories less
    To lose 10lbs of bodyfat you'd need to eat 35000 calories less
    In 3 days you'd have to eat 11667 calories less per day. Considering a healthy woman eats about 1500-2000 calories a day, and that a 1 hour run for a healthy woman might burn about 350-400 calories should show you this is completely impossible.