1/3 of this Marathon Complete

Options
1princesswarrior
1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
So since I started this journey over a year ago at 5'4" and 236lbs a lot has happened. Today I weighed in at 206.4lb. Almost 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. I do not have progress pictures, mainly due to a traumatic brain injury and broken neck. The TBI has left me with chronic migraine and the inability to work on my laptop computer at home. When I started again in May I was at 227lb and just disgusted with myself. So I decided enough was enough, it's time to quit being the victim. "Get up a become a survivor" I told myself. Around the same time I noticed my service dog had started alerting me to the onset of a headache so I could medicate before it got to emergency room level where before all he could do was support me and make sure I didn't kill myself trying to move around the house with a dark mask on. And I'd read where exercise and diet helped control migraine headaches. Well, it took about 7 weeks. And I knock on wood but I've been headache free for 3 weeks now after lots of exercise and working on certain foods to understand nutritional triggers. And my little four legged savior helps control my stress triggers.

In addition to all that I noticed some NSV that no one else seems to have. I no longer have a 4 inch fat roll hanging over my breeches when I'm riding my horse. I've gone from a shirt size tight 2X to a loose XL, my bras are fitting much better, I'm no longer afraid to wear shorts in public, and all of my pants are falling down as I out shrank my belt. I'm not afraid to run in the form fitting running clothes, yes I am still curvy but I don't jiggle everywhere like a bowl of Jello. I have a lot more energy and stamina for those long days working at the barn. I can walk up a flight of steps without getting winded.

And best of all, I'm back to work full-time after around 15 mos of struggle and surgery on my neck. AND I have met a new wonderful supportive group of people in this community!

I still have a long way to go but I know I can do this. Thank you all.

Replies

20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! So glad to hear you are feeling so great! I ride too, and know how riding breeches have to be the least flattering piece of clothing ever! Best wishes as you continue on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!