I'm Wedding Stress Eating!!! Help me stop!!!!!

Options
JollyHodgers87
JollyHodgers87 Posts: 165 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
I was on almost a 200 day streak on this bad boy known as MFP but all of the constant running and working and crafting and such.....I haven't had time to log my meals. I tried to start back, but sure enough got too busy and didn't get it taken care of. No biggie. But... The plan was that even though I'm not logging to eat healthy and I have done just the opposite.

I have a case of the stress eating. And the no time for grociery shopping eating.

My wedding is in two weeks and two days and I still have sooo sooo sooo much to do! My dress hasn't even been finished by the lady who's altering it! on top of that, my cake topper fell through, I've had my big toe nail fall off, I've yet to find a stereo, I've had a family member who I've had to help a lot with their house, everyone has put in their two sense and been trying to make it traditional, I've yet to find someone to deliver the chairs we are using back to their church that night, and my mom is being well... a bit of a mom zilla and keeps adding stuff I didn't ask for to the wedding. Who knew weddings were so hard and would make me so hungry!!!

How can I stop eating junk food and sweets when I'm crunched for time and full of nerves. I ask because over the year I've lost 22 pounds and I feel my love handle growing bigger than I'd like for it to be on the big day. I want to look stunning in my dress for my fiancé!!!

Thank you. Much love.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    you will look stunning in your dress as its made to measure you
    stop stressing, and get in your people to help you abit more with organising things
    good luck
  • JollyHodgers87
    JollyHodgers87 Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    you will look stunning in your dress as its made to measure you
    stop stressing, and get in your people to help you abit more with organising things
    good luck

Thank you. I've stopped asking for help though because they tend to get controlling over the situation and change everything which has made it take longer to get anything done. Too bad. But at this point my fiancé and I are definitely beast moding it! We'll get it done one way or another!
  • stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's no good! If it comes down to it, reach out to other alteration places and see if they can get it done for you sooner. If they can tell the person that has your dress that you have found someone else who can get your dress done now and you'll be coming to pick up your dress. If you already paid for the alteration request a refund.

As for your cake topper... my sister's cake person lost her cake toppers on the day of the wedding (uh-oh!) but they ended up just taking two beautiful roses and placing it on top and it was still gorgeous.

Getting chairs back to the church could be as easy ask sending a message to the church saying that you are having a bit of trouble finding someone to help bring the chairs back and if there is someone in the community that can assist with getting the chairs after the fact you will be forever grateful and present them with a small gift as a thank you.

In the long run, just take a step back and breathe. :) I know there is a lot to do and these last two weeks are going to fly by but take a moment to bask in what you have completed. This is your big day, not your mom's, not your cousin's... yours. If they don't like what you have to say then they can step aside. In the end the moment is for you and your fiance. As Therealobi1 stated you will look stunning in your dress, so don't fret!
  • mandee201023
    mandee201023 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I remember how stressful it was planning my wedding! I stress eat too big time so I know just telling you to not do it won't help any. I bring snacks with me to work that I don't have to feel guilty about! I munch on them all day. Just plan and pack what you need to get you through the day.
    Sweets-yogurt, fruit, granola, protein bars
    Salty Snacks-nuts! (almonds and cashews are my favorite)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, I bet if you wore aluminum foil your fiance would think you were awesome. Remember that ultimately it's about the two of you GETTING MARRIED. Make sure you fill out your paperwork; everything else is window dressing.