Weighing!

Options
Do you weigh items that are prepackaged? For example, I eat clif protein bars-serving size per individually wrapped bar is 68g and 250cal, 10g protein. But, the bar is really 73g and 268 cals! That 18 cals adds up! I eat 2-3 of these per day to get quick healthy cals and protein for breastfeeding my 6 week old son. That's 50+ extra cals if you don't weigh! Just food for thought :) do you have other examples of things that would be similar that should have an eye on them!? Lol

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But your burn estimates are not nearly that accurate either, so why bother? And that 250 was probably rounded from something like 253.6.
  • nikesandbows
    nikesandbows Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything and use a HR monitor. I also do my calories according to macros and because of that sometimes the calories "don't add up" because of rounding.

If i'm on the go and I honestly can't weigh it, for instance my protein bar. I'm running late and just need something quick... Mine is supposed to weigh 50g. I've had ONE out of at least 10 only weigh 50. Typically it's 52. So I just type in 52 grams if I don't have time lol.

You're right @ChristinePearlFNP ! Those 15 cals add up! Think if EVERYTHING you ate was 15+ cals over. It's very rare if I have something weigh what the package says. It's usually over... except stoffers breakfast things (Can't find them anywhere anymore) where it's under. lol