2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    monaleerez wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    monaleerez wrote: »
    Iv wondered how many minutes before I do a (Insanity) Max interval circuit 60 min. Workout do I consume a protein shake?
    Work out the number of minutes that results in you puking it all up again then add twenty minutes.
    And should I use 1 scoop (40grams of protein) or 2 scoops?
    Depends how much protein you are eating over the course of a day.
    I'm very active ,usually run 2 miles in the am & pm along with a 60 min workout & 30 mins. of weight training. So if there's someone who could help me with figuring out when & how much protein to take I would greatly appreciate your input.
    I suggest 1g/1lb of estimated LBM spread over the course of a day in whatever pattern sits you.

Pre and post workout nutrition is vastly over emphasised. Concentrate on your training and your overall diet.

Thanks, just curious,why 22 minutes.

I didn't say 22 minutes so assume you puke if you drink two minutes before working out?

Add twenty more minutes just so you don't puke, or 30 minutes, or two hours, or never use protein shakes to hit your daily protein goal at all......

Or if you want to approach "optimal" to gain an almost imperceptible and immeasurable advantage, if any advantage at all.....
    Eat a mixed macro meal sometime up to two hours before training and again up to two hours afterwards.