Weight Lifting Database

Options
Boy am I the only one doing weightlifting and recording it? So far the only exercises that have been in the database have been the 3 different bench press and dips. What's up

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I use a notebook....
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Try the Jefit app
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you want to record it in MFP just use the new exercise and enter it yourself. I did that as I couldn't be bothered scrolling to find things.

I use a note book at the gym, much easier.

Cheers, h.
    Just thought, are you looking to log the calorie burn for each exercise?
    If so you won't find it. Just log the time, minus rest periods, under either circuit training or weight lifting (not sure of the exact discriptor). Calorie burn will still be a rough estimate.

Cheers, h.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you want to record it in MFP just use the new exercise and enter it yourself. I did that as I couldn't be bothered scrolling to find things.

I use a note book at the gym, much easier.

Cheers, h.

That's what I am going too but on my phone. Just curious as to why none of the exercises come up and I have to enter them each time. Guess by the time I have a month in I"all mist of my exercises on my list.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use Fitnotes. Not a fan of MFP's log.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Jefit works, but be aware their rest timer is fundamentally broken and there's no (easy) way to export the data.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I haven't had a problem with any of what I'd consider "major" lifts. A few - such as decline crunches and plate-loaded rows - I've had to add. But bench, ohp (shoulder press), squat, deadlift, and barbell rows are in the database.

eta: Are you looking in the Cardiovascular section, or the Strength Training section? Because they're in Strength.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Jefit works, but be aware their rest timer is fundamentally broken and there's no (easy) way to export the data.

Whats wrong wiht the rest timer?

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Fitnotes is a good option, i don't know how it compares to jefit. I don't think mfp has the same functionality as apps that are designed for recording weights.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I haven't had a problem with any of what I'd consider "major" lifts. A few - such as decline crunches and plate-loaded rows - I've had to add. But bench, ohp (shoulder press), squat, deadlift, and barbell rows are in the database.

eta: Are you looking in the Cardiovascular section, or the Strength Training section? Because they're in Strength.

Strength
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    grob49 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

Strength

No, you have to look in Cardio first, then pick Strength under that.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I use the notes field in Garmin Connect. Record a strength workout on my watch, fill in the notes, good to go.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    CipherZero wrote: »

Whats wrong wiht the rest timer?

I came across a pair on interesting bugs:
    • A rest set as 300 seconds gets reinterpreted as 3:00 minutes if you switch from the app
    • Moving from the app to another and back again may terminate the rest timer altogether
    They've been promising fixes for months.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I just use the notepad on my phone. I make a checklist and check off as I go.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    In-gym I use a 5"x8" notebook and a pen. When I get home I enter the workout into exercise.com.