Donating plasma

lwagnitz
lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
I'm donating plasma today for the first time. Is there a certain amount of calories I should eat? I don't want to overeat but I also want to make sure I replenish my body. I've heard you "burn calories" donating plasma.

Replies

• I just treat it as a normal day. Drink extra water and eat a little more protein than normal. Where i go, if your protein levels are too low they wont accept it . Take a book to read...your first time can take a while
  • Forgot to say that it is recommended no smoking caffeine or exercising (or labor intense activities) for 2 hrs after
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I just treat it as a normal day. Drink extra water and eat a little more protein than normal. Where i go, if your protein levels are too low they wont accept it . Take a book to read...your first time can take a while

Everything this person said. I usually workout before vs. after too because they say no strenuous activity or lifting anyhting heavy after you donate.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Okay; eat normal, lots of fluids. That's my game plan :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Also, don't be afraid to eat a cookie, juice, or crackers after, you need it for your blood sugar since you will be volume depleted.