Put-downs

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that grown people can be so rude and thoughtless. Many things are going on..

1. you look different...and the simple mind says simple stupid stuff out loud. it is almost like the human mind wants things to stay the same or there is some kind of upset. I had a friend who lost a lot of weight and got down to his healthy bmi for his height. I have to say i thought he looked bad..simply because I wasn't used to him looking so different. I wanted my old friend back. Now that he has kept that weight for five years.. he looks just fine to me now. It was my problem of adjusting to someone close to me changing. Thank goodness i kept my comments to myself!

2. jealously... plain and simple if you're a woman and it is your sister...best "friends"...or work colleagues.. they're green with envy that you're three sizes smaller.

3. If the scale says you're too thin for your height.. then you might listen to negative talk.. if it isn't.. come here for support..and ignore the comments.
  • martin6609
    martin6609 Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    5'8 and 130 falls under normal bmi for a female .. and a few times I have lost my cool for real. At times it took everything I had to keep from saying mean things that I think aloud. I already lack filter. But yes, in one instance.... the F bomb came out! Thanks for all the positive insight :)
  • martin6609
    martin6609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do i make it so this is easier to find.... I m fairly new to this. Is there. a way to recieve notification of comments or easier too find ... sorry I'm off behind lol