Blossoming vegetarians

Help!!!

Replies

• What specifically do you need help with?!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    My husband has been hinting at becoming vegetarian, but won't eat beans or veggies other than corn or peas. Not sure what his plan is.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    We run across this where I work. Someone will register as vegetarian so we make an alternative meatless entree, usually beans or lentils with rice or quinoa. Then when they come through the serving line they look t what is offered and say "don't you have any pasta"? Or better yet, want a veggie burger because "there isn't any thing else..."
    My only suggestions... whole wheat bread and pasta and brown rice with meatless sauces, peanut butter, cheese, eggs and milk.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    I am a semi vegetarian. I eat chicken, turkey, eggs, and dairy products. My body decided about a month ago to become intolerant to red meat and pork. I literally cannot put them in my mouth without gagging. I have no idea why this happened as I've always been a huge red meat eater. I'm now playing around a lot with stirfrys, fajitas, whole grain pasta dishes, whole grain rice, beans, and lentils. Honestly it's fun for me experimenting with different vegetables. Some things turn out great and some things are a complete flop (hemp seeds come to mind on this). My family is still all meat and potato type dinners or they aren't happy so usually I make 2 different meals for me one day that will last all week and then just worry about making their meals nightly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Radish0 wrote: »
    Help!!!

It seems to me you would get a better response if you said what you need help with. I believe alot of people on MFP want to help. That's why I like this site.

This. I'm a vegetarian and would be happy to help if I knew more about what you're needing help with.