Strong curves

Options
Can this programme be done at home with minimal equipment? I don't have access (or the time and money )to a gym and don't have home equipment. Looking at some of the reviews online it looks as though many of the exercises require equipment?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is an at home/bodyweight program in the book. Basically you will need an exercise mat, exercise ball, and it says chin-up bar but I am sure you can make substitutions here (using a sturdy table for table rows, pull-ins using a towel etc). At some point an adjustable set of dumbbells, resistance bands and a bench will be helpful too for progression.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    There is a group here that you can join as well if you are interested. Just search in groups and you'll be able to get a lot of great advice there.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    There is a group here that you can join as well if you are interested. Just search in groups and you'll be able to get a lot of great advice there.

Unfortunately it really isn't that active right now. But OP can definitely still join and look at past posts, she may find the info helpful!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Unfortunately it really isn't that active right now. But OP can definitely still join and look at past posts, she may find the info helpful!

That's too bad, it's a very popular program.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Do you have the book? I'm currently doing the beginner (bootyful beginners?) one and find that I use very little equipment (even though I have equipment). In the book, there's a glossary of his exercises if you need to sub stuff for what the routine calls for and like Sardelsa mentioned, there is a bodyweight routine.

Tl; dr: buy the book (a physical copy, not the Kindle version). It helps greatly to have it.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I've got the kindle version of the book but am guessing the hard copy is better,as you say. I'll search for the group. Many thanks :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yes, there is an at home/bodyweight program in the book. Basically you will need an exercise mat, exercise ball, and it says chin-up bar but I am sure you can make substitutions here (using a sturdy table for table rows, pull-ins using a towel etc). At some point an adjustable set of dumbbells, resistance bands and a bench will be helpful too for progression.

For chinups/pull ups, you can use resistance bands with a door attachment.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just bought the book... about to embark.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Just bought the book... about to embark.

Going to order it today. ...