New mom, need help and motivation

Options
hi there
i have just open a new chapter in life, i had a health baby boy at the end of August.
i am so far at home but will be back at fully work on the 10 October..
i need help and motivation, i feel like i am at the starting line and know nothing to do
i am breastfeeding at the moment and i so afraid of doing something or eating something
that will effect the baby.....
i need to do something about it, cause i need to get back into normal life, (although
i know life doesn't go back to normal but i don't want to be one of those moms on the
side that is know as the "fat or chubby" moms.)
i just want to find someone that help or understand me and will motivate me and the
opposite for them, were i can help ect ect.
i want a partner in crime
add me

Replies

• swivelbits
    swivelbits Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I too recently had a baby (she's 2 months now) and am working on getting the weight off. This is my second go with losing the baby weight. (I get huge when pregnant unfortunately) and would love more mom friends who can relate. It took a long time to lose the weight from my first but I'm off to a much better start this time.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. Just had my second three weeks ago and between the lack of sleep with her and running around with my toddler, I have been making poor food choices. I'm happy to help motivate you!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wrote a post about postpartum issues here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10459284/postpartum-weight-loss#latest

Don't worry about everything you eat affecting the baby. Just maybe caffeine. Has he been fussy after you eat? Some moms find that eating onions, or broccoli, can bother their babies, but generally they're fine no matter what you eat.

You don't need to get back to "a normal life" whatever that is (LOL) for a while yet. Give yourself time! And congrats! I will add you - I have some experience here, particularly with breastfeeding.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have 5 month hold and I just started working out and eating better about three weeks ago. I'm feeling so much better after taking some time for myself and figuring out a workout time and routine that works for me and my family. We mommas need to take care of ourselves!
    Congrats on your new addition!
  • esp158
    esp158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a boy at the end of June and have a 3 year old. Wanting to lose at least 30 pounds feel free to add me. I know the struggle for of it all. Congratulations on your little bundle
  • afoster0988
    afoster0988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy foods and baby will be fine! Only thing I would say not to consume is alcohol and energy drinks..things like that. I breastfed for 1 year. Luckily for you you will be burning an extra 500 calories a day by breast feeding!!!! :) workout without even working out