New mom, need help and motivation

Options
hi there
i have just open a new chapter in life, i had a health baby boy at the end of August.
i am so far at home but will be back at fully work on the 10 October..
i need help and motivation, i feel like i am at the starting line and know nothing to do
i am breastfeeding at the moment and i so afraid of doing something or eating something
that will effect the baby.....
i need to do something about it, cause i need to get back into normal life, (although
i know life doesn't go back to normal but i don't want to be one of those moms on the
side that is know as the "fat or chubby" moms.)
i just want to find someone that help or understand me and will motivate me and the
opposite for them, were i can help ect ect.
i want a partner in crime
add me

Replies

• ruthd1401
    ruthd1401 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey,

congratulations on the new arrival!! Whats his name?
    I have 2 sons. Flynn aged 4 and Riley aged 1.
    I'm the biggest I've ever been in my life and it finally got the the point where I thought enough is enough. Stop being lazy and stop being greedy and do something about it and stop moaning. I've been trying to eat 1400 calories or less each day and try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week! I've been doing this for about 3 weeks. Have lost 5 lbs (which seems to fluctuate up and down daily) only but can feel my clothes r fitting a little better rather than busting at the seams :D

I'm defo gonna try and stick to it this time rather than give up like I did after Flynn. I'm not happy with the way my body currently is so it's time to make a change and stick to it.

• Vixster15
    Vixster15 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi, I gave birth in May & I'm only just feeling ready to get my butt in gear & tackle my weight! As a breastfeeding mamma I'm also concerned about affecting my milk quality/quantity. For me personally, I'm aiming for 2000 calories day as well as some light exercise such as walking & yoga.
    Good luck xx
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep you calorie intake high now 1800-2000 while you continue to breastfeed just eat healthy things for you and little one. I do these protein balls you can google it and get the recipe it's 4-5 ingredients and they are yummy it helps you supple.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    Options
    I delivered a baby boy on 8-10-16 via c section and am breastfeeding as well. I've been eating 2150-2300 calories a day for a week. My supply did go down slightly but just what I pump. I still had enough to feed Emmett. I ate more yesterday and today as we had family gatherings and I'm engorged now so it is definitely a weeble wobble. Idk what I'm gonna do. I'm going to continue what I'm doing for another week and see if my body realizes it it's getting enough. I also make sure I drink at minimum 90 oz of water a day of I can stomach it. I think that affects milk supply the most. I breastfed my daughter for 21 months and just stopped in October so I have the hang of it pretty good. I didn't start counting cals with her until she was 12 weeks old though so it was different. You can add me! I also have a fit bit and it says I average 2700-3000 cals a day burning if I exercise (250 cal burn usually). So if you add the 500 cal burn from EBF then that puts me at about 800-1000 cal deficit a day I think. Lol. Depending on where I am with eating back exercise cals. You just gotta play with it I suppose.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    As far as eating something that will affect the baby, don't worry about that too much. Some babies have such issues but many many do not. Congrats on the new baby!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Congratulations!

Please don't worry about your weight until after your six week check-up and after your milk supply has been established. In the first few weeks post-delivery, your body is healing and that takes energy (i.e. calories). I'm not saying to go overboard; but eat maintenance for those few weeks and remember that maintenance includes a couple of hundred extra calories for baby's milk. (It'll go up to 500 cals/day for baby, but won't be quite that high while baby's still tiny.) Focus on choosing nutritious foods, drinking enough water and trying to get sleep (easier said than done). You can start counting if you want, but it's more for observation than trying to limit calories

After the check-up and the steady milk supply is established, set yourself a reasonable calorie goal. It seems like most women who are exclusively breastfeeding can lose weight eating ~2000 cals/day (which is 1500 for them and 500 for baby).

Get light exercise. Yoga if you like it. Walking is great too - just throw baby into a baby-wearing device or stroller and let him sleep/snuggle while you get some activity. It's not just for weight loss; it's for health and sanity.