iWatch or Fitbit?

Options
Hey everyone,

A couple months ago I was looking to purchase a smartband, however I never got around to it. Now Apple has released their iWatch 2 & has me wondering which might be better for me. I would just like the functions of...
• Heartrate
• Steps counted
• A bit of Water Resistance (in case I go swimming or wash my hands & accidentally get it wet)

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Well, I loves my apple watch. It gets me motivated everyday to 'fill in my circles' (i.e. reach my stand, exercise, and movement goals). I think the calorie count is a lot more accurate than my old Garmin (which was very optimistic).

I'm upgrading to the new watch because I swim a lot. (My hubbie is getting a great present of a slightly used Apple watch).

The advantage of the Apple is that it has a lot of other functions that I no longer can live without. It pings me with text messages, even when my phone is far away (but in wireless range, or even if I forgot it at home. ie. a diff wireless network). Many of my apps have watch functions that can alert me when certain events occur.
    I can pickup a phone call on my wrist, instead of always hunting for my phone.

The other bonus is that the watch just keeps getting new software (i.e new functions)....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I highly recommend a garmin. The fenix 3 hr is the best activity tracker on the market, looks the best (it's inconspicuous), and is the most rugged for actual activity.

This is just my opinion, but i've never ever seen someone not have this experience with a fenix 3. I've seen people damage their fitbit and need multiple replacements (one of my friends has had to replace his 5 times in the past 2 years because the materials they use are cheap and terrible).

The apple watch, in my opinion, is hideous. ;)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If it's between the Apple Watch and the Fitbit, the question is what's most important to you? Not charging it all the time, or the more advanced featurees?

I'll agree with @rainbowbow and say I love my Fenix 3, if you're considering other things besides Fitbit and Apple.