Why losing 1 lb feels better than 30!

Options
1 lb a week ain't that bad once 30 weeks have gone by!!!

I just wanted to post because I had a moment today where I was * :D EXTREMELY * proud of myself and it maybe it could help someone trying to get started (or maybe like me, trying for the 40th time and WILL get it right :p . In list form for the sake of fast readers: :)

1. I have fad dieted.
2. I have lost weight.
3. I have gained it back.
4. EVERYTIME.
5. I now do a 500 calorie restrict (1400-1600) a day. THIS MEANS I CAN HAVE OREOS, OR A MILKSHAKE OR WHATEVER! I am NOT deprived.
6. I require exercise daily, even if its FIVE minutes (this is important because when you pressure yourself, you can often fail). Give yourself the OPTION but make sure you GO. 9/10, you won't stop. Planet Fitness saved my life.
7. I have religiously lost 1 pound per week. EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
8. No more YO-YO.

This way of life has taught me moderation (NATURALLY), it has taught me to be realistic (how dare you think 6 oreos has the same calorie count as an apple!), but I can even do this on days that I don't have a fitness pal!

I'm not saying someone can not lose 40 lbs by Christmas! IT IS POSSIBLE! But the statistic: 95% of all people who lose weight rapidly gain it back.... :#

I'm tired of gaining back my failure. 40 lbs down as a low carber, and then decide not to be a low carber.... :o insanity...

GOOD LUCK! And I just want to encourage you, 1 lb a week ain't that bad once 30 weeks have gone by!!!

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice and encouragement! Congratulations on your loss!!! :)
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is such great advice, and I'm loving your enthusiasm!!! Contagious! I LOVELOVELOVE your comment about getting started (or like for the 40th time) hahaha. That is how I feel every time I say I'm starting my healthy lifestyle--I've really been "starting" it over and over for the last 3 years! Yikes!

You're like my new hero with this so thanks for posting. Definitely got me pumped for the day!
  • kricard86
    kricard86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice and encouragement! Congratulations on your loss!!! :)

Thank you!
  • kricard86
    kricard86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jadorade91 wrote: »
    This is such great advice, and I'm loving your enthusiasm!!! Contagious! I LOVELOVELOVE your comment about getting started (or like for the 40th time) hahaha. That is how I feel every time I say I'm starting my healthy lifestyle--I've really been "starting" it over and over for the last 3 years! Yikes!

You're like my new hero with this so thanks for posting. Definitely got me pumped for the day!

You hang in there! Just like with learning to tie a shoe, one day it just "clicks". And thank you!