Got any get-well recipes?

kermiehiho
kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I've recently been coming down with a cold; I have a sore/scratchy throat, general tiredness, some ache in my muscle, and loss of apetite (I can eat fine; I just haven't really been hungry). I've been drinking ginger tea with honey, and yesterday, I had chicken soup for lunch with garlic toast. Just wondering what's your recipe when you've caught a bug?

Replies

• tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-and-Sour-Chicken-Soup/Detail.aspx

Me=hot and sour fiend. Its great for colds... clears up your sinuses :)
    Not sure how well It will go during the summer months O.o
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Being Canadian, I take Cold FX, that works the best but before that came on the market, I would make the following drink. Mix 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar & 1 tbsp of honey in a mug of hot water.

151232.png
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    LOTS of water and tea. Fruit and cayenne pepper capsules! Clears it right up!
  • kermiehiho
    Thanks for the recommendations. Still sick. The soup recipe looks good (too bad I don't have red wine vinegar). But I do have apple cider vinegar, so maybe I'll try that Canadian remedy. I'll let you know how it works out. :drinker:
  • kermiehiho
    Wow, that was a wake-up drink! I think if it weren't apple-cider vinegar, but just white vinegar, it might have been nasty, but the vinegar gave the drink a tartness kind of like lemons, while the apply-honey flavor came out more. Probably helps that I like vinegar-flavored things. :drinker:
  • kermiehiho
    As an update, I tried a Chinese herbal recipe that I found worked really well on me. I drank this one night, and the day after, I wasn't as tired or drained as before. The second time I drank it, the following day I felt completely recovered; no cold symptoms at all.

Ingredients
    garlic
    ginger
    thyme
    lemon
    honey

Directions
    Mince garlic and ginger, and put in a tea bag with the thyme. Simmer in water with juice of lemon for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add honey to taste and drink.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Homemade soup is the best chicken and veg ,hope you start to feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 324 Member
    Apple Cider Vinegar will cure any ail. Put it in some water and drink it down. :) Of course, you can sweeten it with a little bit of Stevia or agave nectar.
This discussion has been closed.