Coffee, My new Love

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At home I keep a package of cinnamon sticks. I brew my coffee and put a stick of cinnamon in either the pot or the cup. The flavor is quite pleasant to me, without any need of other sweeteners or amendments.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »
    Black coffee is best coffee. Pure and natural. It really irks me when people say they love coffee, of course it's always 1/2 flavored creamer and sugar. You don't like the taste of coffee, you like the taste of creamer. It can't really be called coffee at that point.

Or some people just like their coffee differently than you?

It really irks me when other people feel the need to comment about my coffee prep. I use 3 splendas and 20mL of half & half for a 10oz coffee, and it never fails that someone (usually an older person) feels the need to comment if they see it.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I like mine with a little heavy whipping cream and coconut oil.

I cannot bring myself to use coconut oil in my coffee but I hear ya on the whipping cream.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »
    Black coffee is best coffee. Pure and natural. It really irks me when people say they love coffee, of course it's always 1/2 flavored creamer and sugar. You don't like the taste of coffee, you like the taste of creamer. It can't really be called coffee at that point.

I dunno that I agree with this. I put stuff in my coffee to cool it off enough so I can drink it. I use whipping cream because water would just result in brown water instead of coffee. The cream adds a richness that compliments the flavour.

When I was younger I tried to drink my coffee black and It was just too bitter. Our taste preferences do change as we age and now I don't mind it black.

Think of sweetened coffee like a gateway drug to purer forms of the beverage...