Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Aw is it gone?
  • km8907
    Options
    Right. My office is in hurricane mode. Gonna be a busy day!

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png
  • km8907
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

Bruh....it's just a hurricane.

Does hurricane mode at the office mean you don't have to work..because that would be the appropriate thing.

Unfortunately no, since I'm a case manager for about 50 seniors, most of which live in trailers and flood zones, I have to make sure they're registered for shelters or are safe where they're staying and then make sure our files are safe and up high.
  • km8907
    Options

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

Does hurricane mode at the office mean you don't have to work..because that would be the appropriate thing.

Unfortunately no, since I'm a case manager for about 50 seniors, most of which live in trailers and flood zones, I have to make sure they're registered for shelters or are safe where they're staying and then make sure our files are safe and up high.

bless you!! Hopefully it isn't a bad one.

I hope not. '04 I lost power for 2 weeks. That was a *kitten*.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

Well at least your career, saves lives; so that's a plus & thus I'd believe, well worth the work; although at times stressful. Thank you!
  • km8907
    Options

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

yeah that's the worst part about these kinds of storms. It's the power loss and usually the rain that cause so much trouble. The wind sucks but most places are built to sustain it.

No ac, explosion in mosquito population, we have a well so no running water=no toilets, showers, etc. At least the last one knocked down most of our pines, but having a 100 foot pine tree fall that close to your house is nerve wracking. We have a generator but my dad doesn't like to run it 24/7, so rotting food in the fridge as well. I hate hurricanes -_-
  • km8907
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

yeah that's the worst part about these kinds of storms. It's the power loss and usually the rain that cause so much trouble. The wind sucks but most places are built to sustain it.

No ac, explosion in mosquito population, we have a well so no running water=no toilets, showers, etc. At least the last one knocked down most of our pines, but having a 100 foot pine tree fall that close to your house is nerve wracking. We have a generator but my dad doesn't like to run it 24/7, so rotting food in the fridge as well. I hate hurricanes -_-

That's why i don't buy groceries lol

It sucks because my dad started a vegetarian diet a month ago because his heart and kidneys are in terrible shape. If he has to eat non-perishable foods, all that sodium at once is gonna suck.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

It sucks because my dad started a vegetarian diet a month ago because his heart and kidneys are in terrible shape. If he has to eat non-perishable foods, all that sodium at once is gonna suck.

He can get low sodium/no sodium cans of beans, and other vegetables. Also, when there was a bad hurricane here, we went and got dry ice and put that in our refrigerator to keep things cool or cold.
  • km8907
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

qlnb1aj3c2zi.png

He can get low sodium/no sodium cans of beans, and other vegetables. Also, when there was a bad hurricane here, we went and got dry ice and put that in our refrigerator to keep things cool or cold.

Yeah we've got our can stockpile lol.
  • cee134
    Options
    When I was a child, there were times when we had to entertain ourselves. And
    usually the best way to do that was to turn on the TV.
    -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    787d0ec8e30dfc509d9de0d7241dfb5f.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and
    beg for it. -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

<3
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

<3

Is that the for real color of the lake, I want to go there so badly, put a cabin up there and hide from everyone..
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    That's the real color of the lake, but you cannot put a cabin there, it's in a wilderness area. You can put up a tent, though. :smile:

The color (of the lake) comes from the glaciers that melt into it. They crush the boulders they flow over into a fine powder, it "floats" suspended in the water and reflects turquoise light.

The color of the trees is because they're not evergreens. They have needles, but it's too cold in the winter so they drop them and grow new ones in June.

Here's another pic of the same lake.

879bb1d6e54e23c26bd252e50ebc155b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.