Snack Attack

jaccilynsmith
jaccilynsmith Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I need your help!
Lately my sweet tooth has been going crazy! I've done a really good job of fighting temptation and cravings but at this point I just want a damn cookie! Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy sweet snack alternatives?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Lots of people around who'd like to help! What do you need?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Lots of people around who'd like to help! What do you need?

I see you edited your OP in order to make my first response look silly :/

Honestly, I have a cookie when I want one if it fits into my goals. Or a Skinny Cow ice cream bar, aserving of Edy's slow churned ice cream, sugar free jello pudding cups, Greek yogurt (with chocolate chips added if I can get away with it), cocoa roasted almonds (not really low-cal though), banana nice cream (about the same consistency & cals as ice cream), Halo Top ice cream.
  • jaccilynsmith
    That wasn't my intention, it was just an operator error lol but you gave some really helpful tips thanks for that !
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I chew some gum and take a quick walk. If I still want something sweet after 20 mins or so, I just eat it. The cookies and cream Yasso bar is delish and 100 calories.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2016
    I make sure it fits my goals... then I eat the cookie. Or two. Or five.

Deprivation for the sake of it is overrated and generally unsustainable for a lot of people. Keep an eye on overall good nutrition for the majority of your eating and enjoy the "crap" as desired.
  • jaccilynsmith
    Thanks everyone this was really helpful!