Snack Attack

jaccilynsmith
jaccilynsmith Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I need your help
Lately my sweet tooth has been going crazy!
I've done a good job fighting temptation and cravings but at this point I just want a damn cookie ! Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy sweet snack alternatives?

Replies

• Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    I just wait until there are a lot of people around (especially kids), and then I make a batch of something, have one or two, and make sure the rest get eaten by people other than me. I've even gone so far as to deliver a little care package to the neighbors.
  • jaccilynsmith
    jaccilynsmith Posts: 12 Member
    That's a good idea , thanks ! I'm gonna add you
  • Sara1791
    I swear it's like there are alternate universes - one in which my comment exists and one in which it doesn't but Diane the Geek is offering help (and she's awesome, so that's good too.)
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    I've found that cookie dough tastes richer to me so I eat less (I make eggless cookie dough). I take a spoonful and it takes a little while to eat so I'm usually satisfied by then.

Like Sara said, give away the extras! I always bring the decadent stuff to potlucks to pawn them off ;)
  • generallyme2
    Sorry, I didn't add the healthy alternatives. I usually go for the real thing and just have a smaller amount or make it fit my cals. But these are some I like:
    - coconut greek yogurt with a little PB stirred in (it tastes like Reese's kind of and you could add some shaved chocolate it you want!)
    - plain greek yogurt with honey and mango YUM
    - strawberries dipped in chocolate (you don't need much) or dipped in homemade whipped cream
    - make air popped popcorn and sprinkle some chocolate chips in it (salty-sweet)
    - if you bake, make meringue cookies. they're light but you can eat like 7 for not many cals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I swear it's like there are alternate universes - one in which my comment exists and one in which it doesn't but Diane the Geek is offering help (and she's awesome, so that's good too.)

Op has two threads with the same topic going.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Sugar-free jam on an almost-stale bagel. Takes forever to eat. And Butter Pecan Kemp's frozen yogurt, the low fat kind.
  • brialger
    brialger Posts: 41 Member
    lenny and larry's complete protein cookie
  • mrsd1969
    mrsd1969 Posts: 14 Member
    Have a cookie, but just one or the craving will grow and grow and you will end up pigging out. Just remember to count the calories on MFP.
    You body and brain need to know that there are no 'off limit' foods or you will never achieve your goal. A big single cookie is about 362 calories, just take it in to consideration with your fitness routine and I promise it will do you good and help keep you on track.
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    do you guys eat like super clean? no cookie? no coffee? how do you do that? I don't think I can live without one or two cookies or one cup coffee a day.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Go for a walk - eat a cookie.
    Go for a run - eat two cookies.
    Go for a 100 mile cycle ride - eat cookies for six hours straight.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 wrote: »

Op has two threads with the same topic going.

It was funny because for awhile, only one would appear at a time. I'd refresh the page, the post would flicker and change. Cue Twilight Zone music.

It's OK Jaccilyn, I've done some weird edits myself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Have a cookie.

I eat nut/granola bars a lot though.. they're satisfying and more filling.
  • generallyme2
    do you guys eat like super clean? no cookie? no coffee? how do you do that? I don't think I can live without one or two cookies or one cup coffee a day.

Nope, I always make sure there is room for dessert in my cals. I'm not really a cookie person though- or cake for that matter- so it's easier to turn down than say a carmelita or a lemon brownie or Nutella rice krispies.