Anything embarrassing ever happen to you while working out? Lol

Options

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ok here's one... During Zumba we were given those belly dancing sashes. I tied mine around my hips like everyone else. While I was dancing I felt the sash falling and I didn't want to keep stopping to fix it. What I didn't realize is that because I wore silky undies and then gravity of the sash....it was pulling my pants down some haha. I mooned everyone behind me hahaha!
  • Mandygring
    Options
    These are great! Thanks for sharing
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I stepped on a moving treadmill and fell off...a scene straight from Seinfeld. I still have a scar on my knee
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Not yet but give it time! Then again nothing embarrasses me, so I guess I'd never know; when it happens or if it already has!

Actually I remember something that others might be embarrassed concerning but I am not. When I was in Kindergarten, I had to urinate; during gym class. The gym teacher told me to wait until after, we did our parachute activity. Well I could've left class & got in trouble or I could urinate myself on the gymnasium floor because I knew that I'd be, unable to hold it; until after the activity & get him in trouble instead. So I got him in trouble & urinated all over the floor, which of course also canceled class lol. After that he made sure to ask me, if I had to use the bathroom; before class (each time). Another reason why I didn't just leave the class, was because he was in a wheelchair, from being paralyzed; in a vehicle accident. So I was also angry because I thought, how could someone whom struggles to go to the bathroom themselves; not understand that someone else possibly doesn't have the time/ability to wait either? I fully expected to be chastised by my classmates, about it but never was. They knew that I didn't tolerate, being treated unfairly; by anyone & if possible, I'd ensure they got in trouble instead; of me!
  • Mandygring
    Options
    I'm not sure why but I love watching funny treadmill and cat videos on YouTube. I've been fortunate not to fall on a treadmill (so far). I heard it hurts a lot. I saw someone fall on a treadmill once going super slow lol. It looked like real life was put in slow motion lol
  • Tyler_978
    Tyler_978 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ripped my boxers during squats
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    lol where do i start. pants tearing, gas from protein shakes, you name it. best thing was probably when my phone fell off my arm onto the treadmill then went flying back and hit the person behind me.
  • Tyler_978
    Tyler_978 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tyler_978 wrote: »
    Ripped my boxers during squats

were you at a gym? And why were you only wearing your boxers?

Yeah I was at the gym but I had sweatpants on too
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Bet you couldn't do that again even if you tried haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I had been sick and decided to go to a body pump class when I started feeling better... almost passed out and they stopped the class and called the medical team and everything. I never went to that class again!

Then one day I dropped my phone while the treadmill was running and stopped walking by reflex and almost fell.

Good times.

Oh yeah I also can't do crunches without my abs cramping up, so it's another reason I skip classes now... too embarrassing when it happens, or to have to sit that part out.
  • Manly_hood
    Manly_hood Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I first started back I threw up on my neighbour on the treadmills.

That's nasty lol
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm still a n00b with the whole gym scene, so sometimes I've tried to use a machine, cannot figure it out and just leave it to try another one. That's kind of embarrassing...lol

Luckily, I go after midnight, so it's typically dead. So I don't get embarrassed, really.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I'm still a n00b with the whole gym scene, so sometimes I've tried to use a machine, cannot figure it out and just leave it to try another one. That's kind of embarrassing...lol

Luckily, I go after midnight, so it's typically dead. So I don't get embarrassed, really.

How about asking an employee, for help? Everyone was once a beginner & didn't know how to use the equipment; it isn't common sense & much of what we consider, to be common sense; is actually taught to us at some point! I've never been to a gym myself & thus have no experience, with commercial grade equipment. I'd go straight to customer service & tell them that, I have no clue; how to use the equipment & if no 1 helps me, you might have to replace broken equipment; when I am done with it!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »

How about asking an employee, for help? Everyone was once a beginner & didn't know how to use the equipment; it isn't common sense & much of what we consider, to be common sense; is actually taught to us at some point! I've never been to a gym myself & thus have no experience, with commercial grade equipment. I'd go straight to customer service & tell them that, I have no clue; how to use the equipment & if no 1 helps me, you might have to replace broken equipment; when I am done with it!
    It may seem stupid, but I am way too shy to ask for help. Where I go, there are multiple options, so it's not like a specific area is being neglected as a result. There have just been times when I thought I'd try something new, could figure the machine out and just moved on to what I knew lol. :)