Seriously!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Great song! I like the Simon & Garfunkel version, but love the Disturbed version.

"And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    And tenement halls
    And whispered in the sound of silence"
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    If you had put srsly in the header you would have been subjected to meme's like this one . Better luck next time . cc5hpnbnt29f.jpeg

I hope you realise, I'm stealing this!!!!
    Made my night!!
    (Yup, simple things and all that!!)
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I thought I liked the Simon and Garfunkel one more until I listened to them both tonight. Disturbed fits the song better I think.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My son loves this song and makes me play it on youtube and he'll try to sing along but really doesn't know the words so he kind of mumbles them and I have to hide that I'm laughing because he's trying at least.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If you had put srsly in the header you would have been subjected to meme's like this one . Better luck next time . cc5hpnbnt29f.jpeg

Made my night!!

I thought you were a cat meme guy

I go through phases! Lol
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    I thought I liked the Simon and Garfunkel one more until I listened to them both tonight. Disturbed fits the song better I think.

Plus, I read an article in which it said Paul Simon really likes Disturbed's version so thats kind of cool.

It is, it seems to fit the mood and lyrics of the song very well. Simon and Garfunkel's seems a little too cheerful
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yessssss!!! Saw them live this summer. It was amazing.
    https://youtu.be/Bk7RVw3I8eg
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »

Agreed 100% They are both amazing, but the Disturbed version just gets me everytime

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Made my night!!

My work is done here. I'm taking the rest of the day off. FYI I stole it so feel free to steal it from me.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    They're probably swingers, it would make sense.

I always thought so, and drug dealers.

That too! We should write children's cartoons.

before I ever saw their mom and dad I figured they were abandoned by their prostitute meth head mom and ruby was so bossy because she was just trying to keep it on the down low. She and Max were squatters in that fancy house and the "grandma" was just in on the scam.

OMG I'm dying!!

Its-funny-because-its-true-gif.gif