I took two rights then a left... am I in the right place?

Options
Greetings!

On my quest to improve my health, my doctor recommended that I get the app and join the site. Joining the site was not only for the tech, but for the community of support. I have a long road ahead of me that I am sure will be full of pit falls and pot holes, but maybe, with the experience and support from this group, it might be less painful and more successful. :)

Feel free to add me, if you like… I’m in for the long haul and with the amount of weight I have to lose, this will be a loooong haul! :o

Replies

• DingoCorgi
    DingoCorgi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How far is far
  • Havamal71
    Havamal71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Need to lose about 260 ideally, but figure I need to start with a slightly smaller goal than that or my head might explode with the enormity of it! :D
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yep! A series of smaller goals will help get you there without your head exploding! :)
  • xx_steph_xx
    xx_steph_xx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp family
  • Havamal71
    Options
    Besides, who wants to clean up that mess? :p
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Every day tell yourself:
    This is not the day I quit!
  • xx_steph_xx
    xx_steph_xx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp family. I was abit skeptical joining this when I was advised as I didn't really think it would help much but it has been very surprising. I don't think without the support of this and other things I'd be able to.stick to everything. It's been great and everyone in it.....
    Yep set yourself smaller goals as it's great motivation to carry on when you reach each goal and makes you feel positive about carrying on.
    Good luck in your journey
  • Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I don't have much to lose but my problem seems to be my age and body along with my mindset. I just lose the same lbs over and over and never get anywhere. I joined this app 1 week ago and so far I'm really liking it. The reason for this app was because it syncs with my Garmin Vivofit so I can walk off any extra calories I need to. so far so good. Im slowly learning that if I want that extra helping of something I need to be prepared to walk it off... lol. It is definitely a mental thing as much as physical. unfortunately not getting the mental issues under control that block us from staying on track can have long term physical consequences. Mind over Matter! feel free to friend me because I haven't figured out how to yet... lol! Im not going to say Good Luck to you because You've got this!!!
  • Havamal71
    Options
    I'm still figuring out the "ins and outs" of the app and website... I'm hoping with the tech and support from people on here that I will have a successful venture.