Coolsculpting... Pro or Con?

Options
Just wondering of anyone has any experience with Coolsculpting? Does it work? What are the Pros and Cons?

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I'd think it'd be good for my lower back fat............. I think its stubborn
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was some cool kind of new art form. Doesn't sound like it, though..I've personally never heard of it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgeons want to cash in on my stubborn fat? Nope.. ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    its only for those who have a low percentage of fat,its not for those who have a decent amount or a lot of fat to lose.They also said that you have to keep to your diet and exercise regime to keep anything off,which says to me it doesnt work and if it does its only for a short time
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Just wondering of anyone has any experience with Coolsculpting? Does it work? What are the Pros and Cons?

Don't fall for their hype that cool sculpting helps you get rid of that stubborn fat that you can't get rid of through diet and exercise. Anytime Dr. Oz endorses anything (and he endorses this), I run the other way. It's meant to take your money.

A calorie deficit creates weight and fat loss, so if you do that then nothing else is necessary.

Weight lifting and resistance training help retain what muscle you have.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    its only for those who have a low percentage of fat,its not for those who have a decent amount or a lot of fat to lose.They also said that you have to keep to your diet and exercise regime to keep anything off,which says to me it doesnt work and if it does its only for a short time

This. If I remember correctly, it can only remove 20-25% of fat from the sculpted areas. It's more for tweaking your look than for serious fat loss.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Is it like Lipo? I had a friend get Lipo on her stomach but she didn't change her eating habits so she gained the fat back, but this time it went all to her back.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the honest comments
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

This. If I remember correctly, it can only remove 20-25% of fat from the sculpted areas. It's more for tweaking your look than for serious fat loss.

actually it doesnt remove the fat it freezes it and shrinks the cells or so they claim but, if you read the disclaimers it states its only for those with small percentages of body fat. so someone with say 25% body fat would not be a candidate. its just for stubborn areas for those who have lost the weight they wanted to lose or dont have much fat left to lose. I did my research on it just for poops and giggles.it was also featured on a show that was NOT Dr oz and the doctor stated that its for those with low body fat
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Heard the ads on the radio. Was curious - but I'm also skeptical and not willing to put money into something like this.

My understanding from what I've read/heard is that it does work, assuming you are trying to spot reduce small areas/amounts. But you have to eat at a reasonable level for maintenance or you'll still accumulate more fat. Which is the same truth no matter how you lose weight.

I like cheap/free. Which is why I use calorie counting rather than something like Weight Watchers... I'd only try Coolsculpting if it were a free trial session. And that is not going to happen.
  • Raderl2010
    Raderl2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SaraPEN_85 wrote: »
    I got CoolSculpting and I am so pleased with my results! I just could not lose my mommy pooch! I was working out and eating healthy but nothing was helping. My results are fabulous and fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes now and even need to by some pants a size smaller. The pain was minimal and I was able to get back to working out just a week after my treatment! Realself.com is a great resource if you are thinking about having it. There are great before and after pics and reviews seem honest and legit. I am even thinking about getting my double chin and bra fat treated! Good luck!

Do you have any before/after pics? I'm seriously considering doing this for my belly pooch.