Very underweight but huge thighs?

Options
vminhopester
vminhopester Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I am quite underweight - I currently weight 43kg and am around 5ft2.
I don't know why but I have huge thighs. I have attached a picture for reference. In this picture, the inner half of each thigh is literally just fat. This has been the case for a long time.
I tend to eat only two meals (breakfast and dinner) and a packet of crisps or a couple of chocolate bars a day. I do weights at the gym once every three days and have started getting into the habit of doing daily squats. What else can I do?

fqdwavx3n79b.jpg

ETA: If I lift my thighs up, they would only be half the size.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    can you give a measurement of how 'huge' they are??
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You are about 7 lbs underweight for your height.
    Your thighs look slender to me. My thighs are 18" around and look about like that sitting. They are not huge thighs.
    Possibly you do not see your body accurately. Have you taken measurements? Why do you think it is all fat on your inner thighs?
    People of similar height and weight can have different thigh measurements. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/643554/womens-average-thigh-and-calf-size-whats-yours/p1
    I think the issue is mental not physical.
  • vminhopester
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies.
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You are about 7 lbs underweight for your height.
    Your thighs look slender to me. My thighs are 18" around and look about like that sitting. They are not huge thighs.
    Possibly you do not see your body accurately. Have you taken measurements? Why do you think it is all fat on your inner thighs?
    People of similar height and weight can have different thigh measurements. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/643554/womens-average-thigh-and-calf-size-whats-yours/p1
    I think the issue is mental not physical.

Unfortunately I don't have tape on me to make measurements but I know it's fat because if I lift my leg up, each thigh is half the size it is in the picture.

I'm wondering if I have not taken the best photo because I have honestly never seen anyone of my size with thighs like that...
  • vminhopester
    Options
    Okay well thanks to those of you who tried to help.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yeap, that^^^
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    People store fat differently. Your thights look pretty normal to me.

If they are way larger than your upper body, it can be a question of hormonal imbalance. Get a check-up on your hormones just be be sure.

If everything is normal health and hormonal wise, find your peace with it. take a look around you, we are all shaped differently, and you are obvious on the generally slender side
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Okay well thanks to those of you who tried to help.

I'm another one who thinks those thighs look not only normal but attractive. Are we that bad for liking your thighs?

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to see ourselves truly. Your mind is playing tricks on you. You are underweight, which is very dangerous. It is more dangerous than being overweight because there is real and immediate damage happening inside your body right now that you can't see with your eyes. Your risk of death is almost doubled compared to an individual at a healthy weight.

Please read this resource: Eating Disorder Resources (MyFitnessPal)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is a bit of body dismorphia. Thighs flatten out like that when they are resting flat on something. I have smallish legs. My thighs are 19" and they look like that maybe even bigger than that when sitting.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    OP how old are you?