$35 Fitness Tracker

Options
Hey guys

So my options as far as fitness trackers go are $35 tracker on Amazon, or a Fitbit/Garmin HR for Christmas.

Would it be better to wait and get a high-end tracker or go ahead and get the $35? Is it worth it? The reviews are either great or awful... Haha.

I'm looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014SNNTZM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474775078&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=waterproof+fitbit&dpPl=1&dpID=41rw2TvhMSL&ref=plSrch
And this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J53UAG6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474774955&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=waterproof+fitness+tracker&dpPl=1&dpID=41H4D7pcOgL&ref=plSrch

Replies

• CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I should probably add I am very newly returning to fitness... So it doesn't have to be perfect, but would prefer an underestimation of calories burnt than overestimation. :)

Waterproof is also very important to me, as I used to be a swimmer and that's my favorite form of exercise!
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a $35 Diggro fitness tracker and whilst it's basic, it does what I want. I wasn't sure if I could even bother with one but I know now that I will grt one with a HR monitor next time.
    IMO go with your instinct. :)
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just got a Fitbit Flex for $40 on a local yard sale site! Not waterproof, but I can deal with it going into fall and winter, and upgrade later to a waterproof and HR included one. Probably the Garmin HR. Thanks for the help!
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just got a Fitbit Flex for $40 on a local yard sale site! Not waterproof, but I can deal with it going into fall and winter, and upgrade later to a waterproof and HR included one. Probably the Garmin HR. Thanks for the help!

I have the Garmin Vivosmart HR and it does what I wanted, measures calories burned , heart rate, sleep, etc. I wear it all the time, except when charging it, including in the shower, doing dishes, swimming in a pool and the ocean, etc. Definitely waterproof.