Over 50 and Almost Over 60

Options
YvonneCT
YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
I just joined this group, and I am 10 years over 50. My 61st birthday is in October. However, I feel great. I can still do a lot of the things, physically, that I did 20 years ago. But here's the big difference...recovery time. I can go on a 20-25 mile bike ride and feel great, but that's it for that day. I have very little left for physical out put. Twenty years ago, I could shower, and keep going. Hey, but that's OK. I think once I get back to strength even that will get better.

So anyway, hello everyone. Nice to be here with my generation. I hope I can add support to the group, as get the same from the group. Have a wonderful day, a healthful week, and may life send you positive experiences.

Yvonne

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I find that to be true too. Just means we have to keep on keeping on!! Glad we're connected and supporting each other!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am 20 years over 50, and hope for a lot more years yet
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are so active. There is a group of people over 60 that you may enjoy joining. Just go to search and type in over 60 and it will come up.And yes I am 61 and it does take more time to recover now. Good Luck!/Cindy
  • just4jo47
    just4jo47 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am a 65yr old retiree. I just joined and am looking forward to getting healthier. I joined a Fitness and Wellness Center thru Silver Sneakers and I really like it. The recovery time after a long work out is a little longer than it used to be but I am trying to stay motivated.:laugh: