Non scale victories

Ive been working out for a solid 6 weeks. I am a hefty gal but i have yet to see the scale move. I can see a small difference in my body but not on the scale. Shouldn't I start seeing something soon? I'm 5"4 and 252lbs

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    You should start (if you haven't already) tracking your body measurements (waist, hips, thighs, etc). MFP has tracking for those and it's very handy for when the scales don't budge and our minds can't see the difference in the mirrors (but they're there!)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    measurements yes.

scales suck.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Working out is great for health, but a calorie deficit is needed to lose weight.

Are you logging your food correctly?
    Are you using a digital scale to weigh all foods including prepackaged?
    Are you using measuring cups and spoons for all liquids?

Once you are logging your food and exercise as accurately as possible you should start seeing the scale move.

Cheers, h.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Working out is great for health, but a calorie deficit is needed to lose weight.

Are you logging your food correctly?
    Are you using a digital scale to weigh all foods including prepackaged?
    Are you using measuring cups and spoons for all liquids?

Once you are logging your food and exercise as accurately as possible you should start seeing the scale move.

Cheers, h.

Great Advice!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    workouts can build muscle which weighs more than fat, so you probably have some muscle gain, but like @middlehaitch said you have to have a calorie deficit to lose weight and her advice is spot on!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    They pretty much said it all already. Make sure you are chasing down the calorie deficit. The workouts alone won't necessarily drop the weight, unless they put you in a calorie deficit.
    Good luck! Keep at it, you'll get there. I started pretty close to where you are, 250.5lbs, just over 6 months ago. I weighed in at 187.5 this morning - it's doable :)