Looking for single person recipes

Options
michellew91
michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
Looking for recipes that make limited leftovers (i/e 2-3 servings). It's hard to eat the same thing during the week 4-6 times. I have a very small freezer that I must share with roommates so freezing extra servings isn't an option. I make a lot of salads, wraps, soups, etc.

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of basic meat/protein+starch+veggie and just make enough for two meals, then modify the leftovers for the next day.

Example:
    Saute two seasoned pork chops (lean, 4-5oz raw each), bake two potatoes, roast some cauliflower or broccoli during the last 15-20 minutes of baked potatoes' cooking time. Eat one chop, one potato, half the veggies.

Next day - slice remaining chop into strips and reheat with a little barbeque sauce, turn the second potato into quick homefries + heat remaining veggies. I've also perfected this to use a single pan, because who wants a bunch of dirty dishes :)
    Putting a fried egg on it or throwing in some cheese or spinach really does a lot to make leftovers seem like a different meal.

Other ideas: eggs/omelets, quesadillas, and stir-fry. It's pretty easy to cook them in small portions and have no leftovers.