2»

Replies

• Stingersquad1981
    Stingersquad1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    First, you should allow your body to rest and recovery so you can make the gains. Second, your metabolism is always going. If it stops, you are dead. And taking rest won't make it slow down. Third, how the hell are you running after GVT?

I don't run after so I run 2.5 to 3 miles before and than while I am banging sets I use the 45-60 seconds rest time to sprint .12 to .15 of a mile, I do it 10 times, since I superset my GVT ( for instance 10 reps of bench press 10 reps of Lat pull down and sprint)

Are you making up your own version of GVT?

Not on the weights part, GVT involves 10 sets of 10 reps of a single exercise at 80% Of the weight per muscle group at a time. What I am throwing in there are the sprints and the fact that I don't only do one exercise at a time, I superset it. The only problem is that I alternate between squats and 300 push ups in conjunction with the weights, so I am absolutely dead by 1700 everyday. The sad part is that I had Some injuries a couple years back and the medicine I was put on made me gain 50 lbs. I can't shake the weigh off, I eat 1500 calories/day and nothing...that is disheartening...

No wonder you are broken by 1700 each day, you aren't fulling enough on 1500kcal a day for the training that you are doing.

I'd also doubt it was true GVT, if you are sprint after each superset it is unlikely you are pushing 80% for 10 reps, its likely to be a lot lower. Where are the 300 push ups coming from 10 x 10 is 100?

That is where I was kind of going with it. True GVT is absolutely brutal and won't allow for supersets. I almost died with GVT and GBC for that reason. And I agree, for a male 1500 is crazy low.

Please define true GVT?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

There are a few articles in there about gvt. Its a very high rep hypertrophy style workout that utilized the concept of time under tension. GBC uses the same method of TUT but is slightly different focus.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You gotta listen to your body. Rest is a component of development.