Gained 4 pounds in a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We say "Perambulate the Pooch" for exactly the same reason!

4 Pounds is only 64oz. Of water. Your bladder holds about half of that easily, and your bowels also!
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So there's a takeout place a few minutes walk from my house that has a load of 'lite' (under 500cal) options. If I've had a long day? You bet I'm gonna be there slurping down a bowl of delicious delicious <500cal ramen.

And EVERY time I do, I'm up a pound or two the next morning. Back down again the day after, of course. Cause it's not fat. It's just the carbs and the sodium in the noodles. I used to worry about it but- why bother? It's delicious delicious takeout and it fits into my cals. So! Don't worry about your lovely butter popcorn. Next time you have it, expect the scales to go up the next day and then you can feel smug about yourself when they do and you know exactly why ;)
  • Missbright14
    Missbright14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says "sodium" (WHY? What's wrong with saying "salt"? Seriously? Do you take your canine for a perambulation every forenoon as well???) but rarely does anyone mention carbs. Carb intake has a huge effect on water retention. So if you eat more carbs one day, you get heavier. Eat less carbs the next day and that weight will come off again.

But whatever the cause, it's just water. Unless you ate fourteen thousand calories over maintenance, you did not put on 4lb of fat.

Just had to LOL at this.... cheered me up!