NO RESULTS? 2 years training

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It took you two years to realize that? What were you thinking after the first year? "I want to struggle for another year with no results?"

6gm0g0r7cyk7.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If in 2 years you haven't had any progress, you need to reevaluate what the heck you are doing...

I have made great progress in 2 years. No roids necessary.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    B.C.L.

Bench
    Curl
    Leave
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    @jemhh
    I just want big arms and a big chest

I happened to see a guy this weekend that apparently did pretty much what you say you want, but took a slightly more well-rounded approach.

He had massive delts, chest and well-developed upper and lower arms. Seriously, it looked like he had balloons shoved under his shirt at chest and sleeves. He also had no traps to speak of, no significant back development, and he had clearly either never heard of leg day. He was so unbalanced-looking he didn't look real to me - more like he'd been assembled from a couple of different people. I've never seen anything like it outside of a photoshopped pic.

Why would you deliberately work to look like that?

I would like to see a picture of this. I googled "train just chest and arms" in the hope of finding one but had no luck.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    @jemhh
    I just want big arms and a big chest

I happened to see a guy this weekend that apparently did pretty much what you say you want, but took a slightly more well-rounded approach.

He had massive delts, chest and well-developed upper and lower arms. Seriously, it looked like he had balloons shoved under his shirt at chest and sleeves. He also had no traps to speak of, no significant back development, and he had clearly either never heard of leg day. He was so unbalanced-looking he didn't look real to me - more like he'd been assembled from a couple of different people. I've never seen anything like it outside of a photoshopped pic.

Why would you deliberately work to look like that?

I would like to see a picture of this. I googled "train just chest and arms" in the hope of finding one but had no luck.

I kind of wish I had taken one, but I didn't really think about it.

The pic I'm thinking about was a 'friends don't let friends skip leg day' meme. It didn't really capture the odd upper body development, more the difference between and upper and lower..

Honestly, the massive delts and zero traps looked as weird to me. Even my mother noticed and wanted to know what he did to get his shoulders looking like that - in a very 'WTF' tone.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    chicken-legs-2.jpg
  • jemhh
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    chicken-legs-2.jpg

I always read, either on this picture or another similar one, that the guy had some sort of injury that prevent him from training his legs. I have absolutely no proof as to whether or not that is true in part or in whole but it seems at least somewhat plausible.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    chicken-legs-2.jpg

I always read, either on this picture or another similar one, that the guy had some sort of injury that prevent him from training his legs. I have absolutely no proof as to whether or not that is true in part or in whole but it seems at least somewhat plausible.

I'd say some photoshop work is more likely.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If in 2 years you haven't had any progress, you need to reevaluate what the heck you are doing...

I have made great progress in 2 years. No roids necessary.

You should really be able to see some amount of progress after a month or two. If not, you gotta switch things up. Try a program, join a gym, get a trainer, read into nutrition (!!!!!) and pretty please realize the importance of full body training.

When I started I just wanted good legs, a booty and abs. Then I realized the more you work everything, the better the results are going to be overall. Especially when it comes to your chest/shoulders. Incorporate back, arms, core and legs. You'll see a difference.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not enough tricep action
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Really, people? You don't believe a guy could go to the gym every other day for two years and only do curls and bench press?
    C'mon.....
  • Hornsby
    edited September 2016
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Really, people? You don't believe a guy could go to the gym every other day for two years and only do curls and bench press?
    C'mon.....

I believe it. I see it all the time....lol.

This sounds trollish, but I have watched plenty of people workout for a year or 2 and look the same. So yea, not convinced the OP is a troll.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    C'mon.....

This sounds trollish, but I have watched plenty of people workout for a year or 2 and look the same. So yea, not convinced the OP is a troll.

Put it in the context of his tricep thread where he talked of how much progress he's made choosing and following random workouts

I see troll people
  • jemhh
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    C'mon.....

Put it in the context of his tricep thread where he talked of how much progress he's made choosing and following random workouts

I see troll people

Have not seen the tricep thread.

People go to the gym and do the same thing for years with no changes to their bodies. It's not an impossible thing to believe a new poster might be doing. If you ask 10 non gym goers the names of 2 weightlifting exercises, odds are high they'll say bench press and/or curls. Why would it be hard to believe a teenager would do those two exercises ad nauseum. It sounds like there may be other sketchy threads by this OP but if there weren't, why not?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    C'mon.....

I see troll people

My memory is that of a goldfish. No idea who the OP is or where they have posted before :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    C'mon.....

I see troll people

My memory is that of a goldfish. No idea who the OP is or where they have posted before :)

Yeah you were on it and answered him :bigsmile:
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Ah yes, I remember the tricep thread. I guess I did not see that he had "great progress". I did like his tricep workout though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Chickens skip leg day, obviously...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Maybe OP's aspriations are to too like PopEye

Skipping leg day, not sure I want to see the legs.. so don't post photos, please no.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Follow a structured program. Or keep wasting your time and energy.