Difference in Fit Proportion of Regular Sizes vs. Plus Sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    BTW - the jeans these days are NOT good for my figure, so I used this service: http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

I need to go up about 1" more in the thigh and 1/2" less in the waist but, overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my jeans and have had many complements on them.
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have the same problem. Buying clothes from big name stores just does that, since they design everything around a one-model-pattern. My theory is they design all their clothes around the size -000 boy shaped models, and then just scale it up for the bigger sizes. Sorry to burst your bubble fashion designers, but normal women have curves :)

I've had the opposite problem a lot of the time. I wear a 12/14, but I'm blessed to have a very proportional body and not have much of a poochy belly at all. When I put on pants that fit my hips, thighs, and waist, there's often room to shove a grapefruit in the front! Just because I'm not a size 6, doesn't mean I have a fat lower belly!
  • crayonbreakywillow
    crayonbreakywillow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Shop at Goodwill or another thrift store until you get to your goal. I used to sell on ebay full time and was always amazed at what I found in the thrift stores. I once ought a dolce and gabana dress for $4.75.
    Don't waste your money on retail. I have so many clothes in my closet that are beautiful and they are mostly from goodwill. Everything was about five dollars.
    :)

I second Goodwill!! Having gone through so many sizes in the past year, I couldn't afford to buy retail. I've found thrift shopping to be awesome! I have a closet full of Goodwill clothes that are all name brand, high quality items. I love it!
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    I like Old Navy's Sweetheart jeans. They are made for those of us with bigger hips/thighs and smaller waists.

Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans are one I found I like and were cheap especially when Old Navy has a sale on them (got my for $10 each on sale). Ann Taylor also has a Curvy jean that fits good too without the gap...hate that gap
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy's Sweetheart jeans. They are made for those of us with bigger hips/thighs and smaller waists.

I was going to suggest Old Navy as well. I bought my first skinny cloths there in May and was pleased to see jeans for my build...
  • clearlyme
    clearlyme Posts: 36
    Options
    My shape has completely changed since having a kid. You may just have to go to different places to try on jeans and see what fits best. I am short waisted and hourglass and before pregnancy, I could rock some low/ultra low waist jeans. High waist felt and looked weird on me (even in plus size and I always had a waist gap). Now I have to get a mid-rise jean. I got my latest from debstores.com. They run great sales and have short inseam sizes.