Favorite yummy foods that fill you up fast

Options
2»

Replies

• anntoureilles
    anntoureilles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, LENTILS. I like to simmer lentils (usually with barley for an texture twist) in low fat, low sodium chicken stock with lots of different sauteed veggies and fresh herbs. Great for lunch or dinner, and even breakfast! Tomorrow, I'm going to do a sort of "shakshuka" with the last serving of lentils from my pot and some eggs.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Lean meats and veggies are go to foods. Unfortunately, there aren't many vegetables I can tolerate. The best one I have found for me is this.

12 oz bag of green beans
    Tsp of olive oil mixed thoroughly
    Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, whatever
    Bake at 400-425
    When it starts to char a little(about 15-18 minutes, lightly sprinkle with parmesan and put back in for another 4-5 minutes
  • pattymom1000
    pattymom1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    protein powder in almond milk and frozen berries..yummm....like ice cream with no guilt!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I see quite a few of you saying lentils, and I totally agree. I had them for the first time last week, simply cooked in chicken broth. Wow! So delicious and filling. I'm definitely going to try the curried lentils mentioned above. I think it may be a crowd pleaser for my hungry, hungry family (teen boys and an active husband).

ETA: I suppose I should add my filling food. Chili! Specifically, chili with lots of beans (I use a mix of pintos, black beans, and kidney beans) and a bit of extra lean turkey or beef. I have a big appetite, yet a one cup serving (250-300 cals) served over a baked potato (150-200 cals) is a very hearty dinner for me. Keeps me full and content until bedtime.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Stir fry's with loads of veggies and chicken breast. High volume, filling and low calorie.