ate junk all weekend and slept through my workout this morning

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    so this weekend I stayed within my calorie limits but I ate all crap i don't even know why i just really wanted to eat everything in sight and massive quantities and then i just could not get up this morning for my workout does any body else ever have this problem>

That's me every month and I'm STILL dumbfounded when it happens, it's like I'm a bottomless pit. When I'm out of control like that, I try to house the healthier options first (maybe they'll fill me) and just accept that it's going to happen. It's something my body craves beyond my control. Some days I simply don't feel like working out, I have to be honest with myself before I decide to stay in bed - am I being lazy or will the whole process of getting up and out there really make me miserable?

Since you mention every month, I wonder if this happens when you are premenstrual? When my appetite spikes up premenstrually, I honor it and eat at maintenance for a few days. Most times I add a snack and have a slightly larger dinner, and/or a treat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    so this weekend I stayed within my calorie limits but I ate all crap i don't even know why i just really wanted to eat everything in sight and massive quantities and then i just could not get up this morning for my workout does any body else ever have this problem>

Sure, when I eat a lot of junk it affects me physically. I don't get a sugar-buzz, I get a sugar-coma.
  • Reamellie
    Reamellie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater and an overeater.
    The best advice I can give is to forgive yourself and just move forward. You're in this for life. You aren't going to have perfect days every day of your life for the rest of your life.
    Forgive and just jump right back on track.
  • irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse that kicked you off. Sometimes stuff happens. Be kind to yourself.
  • amandalynnlane
    amandalynnlane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're human. It happens.
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bolded part is the key here. (Edited to add: Which I don't think anyone else has noticed.)

So what if it was all junk? You were still on goal. I eat some junk pretty much every day as part of my normal diet and it's all good. At the end of the day, only the calories matter.

As for the workout, we all skip one now and then. You'll get back to it.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That should give you more motivation to get a workout in! plus, those extra calories can fuel your workout..
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Move on from it. It's okay :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    It happens. Move on. Just don't make it a habit.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You stayed within your calorie limit so everything is all good