Inches and pounds

Options
Does anybody weigh themselves and also take measurements with a tape measure? Does anybody find that sometimes they lose inche, but not weight. I just weigh myself but i am considering taking measurements.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Does anybody weigh themselves and also take measurements with a tape measure? Does anybody find that sometimes they lose inche, but not weight. I just weigh myself but i am considering taking measurements.

Yes, taking measurements is very beneficial. There are times when my scale hasn't moved much, but I am getting smaller.

Pictures are beneficial as well for the same reason. Nice to see the changes over time!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Measurements are great! Definitely take measurements.

The scale is one number that is easily manipulated by water weight (sodium, hormones, sore muscles) and waste weight. This number will fluctuate even when you are doing everything right.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite issue. I lose weight but not inches. It's good to do both measurements and weighing though at least in the beginning.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I lose inches before weight
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    For sure.. In 3 weeks I lost 1.5 lbs. I was getting so annoyed, but busted out the measuring tape and had lost 7 inches overall. I have stopped relying on the scale. It has too many factors to throw it off.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance but I still trust the scale and how my clothes fit more than the measuring tape. I suck at taking measurements and the readings fluctuate more than the scale. I weight myself weekly and sometimes more often than that but I only take measurements when I remember. Which means a couple of times a year because when I do I get upset and frustrated :s