I'm trying..

I've started and stopped so many times, that this Monday I told myself I would be sticking with it; however at 200lbs and wanting something more for myself...I'm having s tough time.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What are you doing that's so tough and difficult to stick to?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Did you just start MFP? Whats giving you a tough time?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Make it easy on yourself.
    Buy a food scale, then start logging what you normally eat. Weigh everything!

After a couple of weeks, when you have a handle on the logging, look at how you can cut 250 cals a day- that will give you .5lbs a week loss.
    Continue dropping your calories until you reach your weekly weight loss goal.

Try to make nutritious food choices, but don't change your whole diet, and do allow yourself indulgences.

If you go over your calories, don't worry, just get right back to it. We all have days that just go haywire.

When you have your calories sorted think about upping your activity level or doing exercise. Walking is a great start. Just a short walk daily and a bit of extra movement during the day- baby steps.

Cheers, h.
  • llj1960
    llj1960 Posts: 2 Member
    Speaking from my own personal experience it sounds like you may have trouble with emotional eating.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 799 Member
    We have to learn to give up immediate satisfaction for something we want for our long term. Celebrate the little things:) Taking photo progress pics helps a lot of people. I like to try on a piece of clothing that's a couple sizes down from my current size and then try it on every few weeks because I may not see a lot of progress but every time I can get the pants up further and I'm closer to being able to zip them up it reinforces all the little good decisions along the way:)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    We have to learn to give up immediate satisfaction for something we want for our long term. Celebrate the little things:) Taking photo progress pics helps a lot of people. I like to try on a piece of clothing that's a couple sizes down from my current size and then try it on every few weeks because I may not see a lot of progress but every time I can get the pants up further and I'm closer to being able to zip them up it reinforces all the little good decisions along the way:)

Thats exactly what I did at the beginning - it was a little discouraging at first, to see how far I needed to go, but when that goal is reached - WOW! I could fly to the moon and back!! I still do it every now and then, just to be sure it really happened - that is, I try on the goal outfit, to see how BIG it is!!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    my top weight was 204. Start small but keep going. Try walking 15 minutes a day and logging what you eat.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    @Phemalpha You might be trying to do too many things all at once.
    You might not have to overhaul your foods. Reduce some of the high calorie foods. Focus on weighing and logging.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1