Best protein powder to bake with?

I am looking to incorporate protein into baked goods and hoping people could inform me of protein powders they have had success with. I am in Australia however most brands are accessible and am looking for one that is low in sugar. Specifically has anyone tried the Quest protein powder? I do like their bars and find they bake well.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Quest Protein powder bakes very well for me. Tastes good as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Quest Protein powder bakes very well for me. Tastes good as well.

So far, this is the protein I have found that works the best as well.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I believing reading somewhere that casein rather than whey was best for cooking with as the protein did not denature.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited September 2016
    I believing reading somewhere that casein rather than whey was best for cooking with as the protein did not denature.

There is nothing wrong with denatured protein, it has the same bio-availability and is what you do to the egg white when you cook it - clear > white (denatured). Denatured protein being bad is one of those long held myths that fails to die.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    I have tried several brands and all worked well for me.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

There is nothing wrong with denatured protein, it has the same bio-availability and is what you do to the egg white when you cook it - clear > white (denatured). Denatured protein being bad is one of those long held myths that fails to die.

Thanks for the info :)