Always so tired

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Extreme tiredness has many causes, the top of which I can think of is anemia. The second is diabetes.
    I would visit your medic and get checked out. If you are eating a varied diet and getting enough iron, then you shouldn't feel dog-tired as you do.
    I doubt it is at all helpful to you to say "ignore it - just get up and do it" when you really have no energy.
    Please get that medical check and start from there. If you get a "Nothing abnormal" then start looking at your diet. You may need more carbs - we are all different.
    Good luck.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can do to keep my energy level up throughout the day? Don't want to do caffeine as it cause my anxiety to flare up.

apple.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I would not go low carb. Carbohydrates our are bodies main source of energy. If anything, increase them-- it will help to give you the energy you are lacking. I also recommend seeing your doctor, like some of the others recommend.

Did you look at her food diary before you suggested this?? At least suggest to her that she eat complex carbs... But in any case, she is HARDLY eating too few carbs... but I guess everyone's an expert on here.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Imo, you are not eating enough, simple as.
    You do yourself no favours at all eating so low when you have so little to lose, and will only impact your metabolism adversely in doing so. What's the rush ?