Daily struggle

Options
Sometimes it feels like it's more of an hourly or minute by minute struggle...today is one of those days. I so badly wanted to stop at a drive thru and have 'a little' something. It took everything in me not to. Going back to work to have the lunch I packed and maybe even go to the gym. Figured I would come on here and out it out there...hoping it will help me stick to it. Sometimes I don't understand myself I'm almost upset that I didn't have my treat...but I know what that it will lead to. And I know how unhealthy this mentality is. Well here's to taking it 1 day (or minute) at a time. Thanks for letting me rant!

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a pat on the back for passing up "a little something". That is a victory! You did good :) It is a day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute thing. Some times we have the victory, some times we have to dust ourselves off and try again. It is suppose to get easier, though for me I think it will always be a bit of a struggle. :/ Enjoy your victory!
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. At the end of the day you'll feel great that you passed on the temptation. Use that to pass up tomorrow's temptations. :) You're doing great and the reflection you will see back from the mirror will be well worth passing on all those little temptations. :wink:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    It gets overwhelming sometimes. You have the right plan, though. Day by day, minute by minute. Be consistent and try not to over think it. Soon you'll realize that you haven't even thought about going through the drive-thru. And if you do think about it, you know you have the power to choose, as you did today. Realizing you have that power is freeing so just be patient and stick with it. It will get easier!
  • readyandwilling2
    readyandwilling2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. It helped motivate me to go to the gym on my lunch...trying to get back into that routine and feeling pretty good right now. Appreciate the kind words!
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Count this as a win! You passed up temptation and stuck to your plan.