Me: I'm watching what I eat. Them: I'll bake some brownies

Options
The struggles.. they are real..

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Me: I don't eat meat. Them: What, not even a hamburger?

Or (my favorite recently):
    Me: I don't eat meat. Colleague: I'm taking the team out to Buffalo Wild Wings and you have to come.

*facepalm*
  • FozzyNOK
    FozzyNOK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »

Me: I don't eat meat. Colleague: I'm taking the team out to Buffalo Wild Wings and you have to come.

*facepalm*

DON'T GET THE VEGGIE BURGER!! I'm a meat-eater who likes a good veggie burger from time to time, so I made that mistake. It was so bad I couldn't even get halfway through it.

I like veggie burgers.. but I'm a meat eater.. Is it as good as burger.. no! Is it acceptable and still pretty good.. overcooked they are hideous!!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

*facepalm*

DON'T GET THE VEGGIE BURGER!! I'm a meat-eater who likes a good veggie burger from time to time, so I made that mistake. It was so bad I couldn't even get halfway through it.

Depends on the Veggie burger. I have had some that were tasty and I am a meat eater.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Me: I'm watching what I eat. Them: I'll bake some brownies

I'm both. xD I'll bake like crazy, have one, and then bring the rest in and leave it in the work kitchen.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

*facepalm*

Depends on the Veggie burger. I have had some that were tasty and I am a meat eater.

Right, as have I. See above. I'm speaking about the one specifically at that restaurant.

Oh yeah definitely, B-Dubs is bad all around, their wings are way over rated.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is lactose intolerant and her parents are dairy farmers. To this day they refuse to believe it and she cannot eat at her parents house because her mom will put dairy in the food and tell her she didn't, and she will be sick all night. Good thing it isn't a peanut allergy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    I have a friend who is lactose intolerant and her parents are dairy farmers. To this day they refuse to believe it and she cannot eat at her parents house because her mom will put dairy in the food and tell her she didn't, and she will be sick all night. Good thing it isn't a peanut allergy.

Wow, that is terrible. Poor friend.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Me: Staying away from the sweets right now
    Them: It's just a slice of cake :/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Me: I'll pass on the cake

Them: Yeah, we figured you would

After four years +, most of the people around me know how I roll...
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Haha, reminds me of my ex mother in law. She wanted to cook dinner for my side of the fam and when she was told my sis is a vegetarian she thought making a fish dish was the right thing bless her heart.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Love this

Me: I finally reached 10 miles on a hike!
    Them: You're too obsessed with working out!
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Me: No thanks, it's my workout night.
    Them: Ok Arnold.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it's sometimes easier to pass on the first one than to stop at one. But plan your day around tasty meal and tell yourself that you have to save calories for it...
  • mwickerh
    mwickerh Posts: 19 Member
    Options

*facepalm*

I have the same problem!! I've been vegetarian for about 10 years and with my boyfriend for 5. His family are all huge meat eaters and even after 5 years, my diet is still the main topic of discussion. It makes me still feel like an outsider and that I can't fit in. I always have to bring my own food to meals because literally everything has meat. Then I get the looks like they think I think I'm better than them when I'm really just trying to have a family dinner. So frustrating!

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    People love to do this, see if they can sabotage you. I'll tell them "okay, bake what ever you want, but be advised up front I am not eating it." If that ticks them off, too bad.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Me: I'm not going to snack today!
    Department upstairs: We have cookie bars for everyone!
    Other Department: We have breakfast tacos for everyone!
    Coworker: I brought in cinnamon rolls!

All three have happened in the past two days. why
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm not even full-on vegetarian (I drink milk and eat cheese and eggs and everything!), and it still causes issues at work and for my dad's family. "I don't eat meat" has become like a mantra. Someday, they will get it. If they never do, well...I tried, and nothing in this world will get me to consume red meat again. (It makes me physically sick.)